Hollywood play from DiscreetPicks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited December 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Hollywood - Race 7

#5 Bonfire Knight (9/2 ml)

4yo Red Ransom colt from England seems to have found new life over here on synthetic, making a nice late rally to miss by a nose in his Golden Gate debut before returning with a much-improved effort in his second start a few weeks ago, buried in traffic most of the way before shifting way outward and then blowing past a big wall of horses with an excellent late bust of speed. Apparently his trainer William Morey was impressed enough by that effort that he shipped him down to Hollywood for today's feature, and he figures to get a much cleaner trip this time in a smaller field, while he should also get a faster pace to run at with Commander likely being pressed by either Java Man or Uncle Sam. Certainly should have no trouble with the stretchout here, and seems likely to put in a solid late run while being overlooked on the toteboard.

HRT record:

84 for 310 (27%)

$697.40 mutuels ($8.30 avg)

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Let's make Kettle Corn the exacta.

gl,fb
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    fbwinners wrote: »

gl,fb

Nice Call. I've always loved Candy Ride.

BTW Rumors flying about PVAL. Missed mounts today, apparently fucking off mornings, and a lot of concerned friends, Hope it doesn't take a turn for the worse.
    edited November 2011
    Meet P Val at the Fairgrounds when he was banned in Cali and he is one arrogant man!!!
    edited November 2011
    Meet P Val at the Fairgrounds when he was banned in Cali and he is one arrogant man!!!

He has his moments for sure, and I'm not his biggest fan, but he's a good guy - not like Santiago-Reyes or Rajiv Maragh who constantly endanger people and start fights. It's just sad to see somebody falling back into habits they've struggled to break. I know several trainers (one fresh off a BC win) who are VERY concerned about this legend.
    edited November 2011
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    He has his moments for sure, and I'm not his biggest fan, but he's a good guy - not like Santiago-Reyes or Rajiv Maragh who constantly endanger people and start fights. It's just sad to see somebody falling back into habits they've struggled to break. I know several trainers (one fresh off a BC win) who are VERY concerned about this legend.

PVAL finally located safe and sound, apparently he's in Kansas. Not a good situation for him.
    edited November 2011
    Read something personal with his fiance in KC as well.
    edited November 2011
    Read something personal with his fiance in KC as well.

Yeah, but if you "forget" to call your agent, and the stewards, I'm not buying it.

He's saying he'll take a drug test upon his return in 10 days. Hopefully it's cocaine and gets out his system fast.
    edited December 2011

gl,fb

Kettle Corn came back again today to win at a nice price at HW in the feature.
    edited December 2011
    Kettle Corn came back again today to win at a nice price at HW in the feature.

Big Money Ride by go go. I got a good amount of the win and exacta. Was this the same day that the Mitchell horse named AFTER HIS DAUGHTER crushed for fun in the last?
    edited December 2011
    Ok, so i had a long post, but this bootleg system deleted it. Mitchell's runner in the last on Friday was the easiest winner all meet. He was 7/2 and you literally counted it 3 steps out the gate. He WASN'T claimed (but it is hard to take Mitchell's juiced up stallions), so look for him to donate the starter condition.
    edited December 2011
    Shea's horse wasn't the one I was thinking of, but i had a long post, but this bootleg system deleted it. Mitchell's runner in the last on Friday was the easiest winner all meet. He was 7/2 and you literally counted it 3 steps out the gate. He WASN'T claimed (but it is hard to take Mitchell's juiced up stallions), so look for him to dominate the starter condition. He looked like a real runner, but the time was whatever, and field was just plain cripples.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Bonfire Knight is entered back today @ Hollywood (Race 6). Might be worth another chance at the price.
    edited December 2011
    Bonfire Knight is entered back today @ Hollywood (Race 6). Might be worth another chance at the price.

C Nak will get this one across the line first today!!!

pk 3

Race 6 - 2

Race 7 - 3-5-6

Race 8 - 8
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Pretty strange the way he went hell-bent for the early lead. I figured he'd be closer early with the addition of blinkers and the recent bullet workout, but i sure didn't think he'd get gunned to the lead like that. Not sure what Miller was thinking there.