Aqueduct Saturday expecting the track and turf to be fast and good respectively

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1- 7) Bud White goes turf to dirt after racing close to the pace on stamina building course.
Looks best but price will reflect it.

Race 2- 8) I Ain't No Saint has raced in three off the turfers in a row and not only has back class, but is arguably better on a giving turf course.
Some pace to run at and should get to the hedge early with little problem. Price will be right as well.

Race 3- It is very rare I like a horse off the maiden win but there are no always and nevers in this game.
7) Lime Zest was really good last time. Pressed a fast pace, took back after the quarter and then came back on the rail to nail the favorite who was adding blinkers with a bar shoe off and a drop in class.
Look for Janice to put this one right on the lead today and keep rolling.

Race 4- Must mention a few here. 12) An Absolute Ten makes first turf start for a tag for barn that has been amazing with this move for decades.
11) Cass's Lady also in for a tag for the first time and merits respect at a much better price.
4) Three Grand City tries grass for the first time after showing good speed in most dirt races.
Love that angle and will be a bomb and a half on the board.
1) Schillery makes first start for a tag in second lifetime start after flashing good speed in debut.
Would ordinarily not like the panicky drop but this is a homebred so that is no longer an issue.

Race 5- 1) There's A Fine Line clearly had trouble with the sloppy footing and now gets class relief and a fast track for second start. Stablemate, 1A) Sunny By My Side can be a late factor back on fast track in really really bad field. Has to be for me to consider Joe Lostrittp.

Race 6- 3) Sal The Barber has spaces between races for barn that has tailed off this year.
Love Dominguez on a horse like this and has a good pace to attack. Look out!!!

Race 7- 2) All Of The Above has been off for four months but has really come to hand since Dutrow took over.
Lots of speed signed on and should save ground and brush these into oblivion.

Race 8- 5) Socialsaul did all the work in the Oklahoma Derby and Redeemed took full advantage. Should change tactics today and lay third or fourth and get first run at the speed.
Working like a champ and should easily turn the tables today at a price.

Race 9- 9) Hepatologist showed good speed and had trouble in debut. Looks like a turf horse to me, price will be right and though out off one sprint, this is one of few barns that can do it.
2) Mike and Rob needs no introduction and is clearly the horse to beat.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Farina,

Like your thinking on the 8th and Social Saul. Contessa Barn says the exact same thing, and believe others will go early and allow Saul to save some energy for the finish. Raison d'Etat is the one to beat!

Thanks for the analysis Good Luck Today!!
  • FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Thank you John. Nice to know the barn feels the same.
    Win or lose it's nice to know.
    Good luck today.
    Ben