Delta Downs Stakes Card (Bombs Away)

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Delta Downs

November 19, 2011

Stakes Card

Race 3

This race looks like the Jerry H shipper will come on and run them off their breaking from the rail. The ml favorite has a huge work over the Fairgrounds strip, the best of 97 4f 47.2 breezing. That is a strong work over that track. But I just don’t see anyone besides Warpaint Annie putting any pressure on Spirit Seeker. The ML on Spirit Seeker is bad!!!!

#1 – Sprit Seeker – w/p

Race 4

I really like a long shot in this one. He has been keeping good company in his earlier stages of his career. This one has keep open company throughout his career and now today get’s to run against state bred at a live price for a very savvy connections. I’m taking the price on this one and hoping I’m reading between the lines in the correct way.

#7 – Freddie One Bit – w/p/s

Race 5

I really like two horses in this event and both are in great form, take a long look at Josie Carrol’s runner in this one looks real CHEAP, but something has happened since she switched this one to the real dirt. Looks as a light bulb went off and this one has destroyed his last two field also ran a 109 and 107 drf speed rating that signals a horse in form and Josie gave this one a maintenance work since his last. They I look at the Doug O’Neil runner coming from the West coast. Had a brutal trip last out and still almost pulled it out , the race prior to that one on the weeds he won handily and Kettle Corn that ran 3rd came back to win this week at Hollywood. I think this 7 year old gelding has some running left in his tank for this race. But for some reason Josie colt looking the part at a big price, those last two wins were impressive.

#5 – Avie’s Pegasus – w/p/s

Race 6

I love a two year filly in this race, and those who follow me should remember I gave her out in her second start after she ran her eyeballs out against the upcoming 2yo filly champion. I booked her for next out than then she happens to run into another buzz saw that afternoon only to run 3rd for me. She was then taken to Woodbine on the sticky stuff, her last race at CH was IMPRESSIVE and I really think this one will be heard from on KY Oaks day and today is going to be here coming out party as she is making up ground on the early leader in her division. She is bred for the KY Oaks distance and if they get the graded earning look for her to stay put in this region. This ML is a joke and I hope we can get close to it at post time as she will win this one for fun today.

DON’T LEAVE THE WINDOW - #3 – Delightful Magic – WIN AND PLACE (BEST BET)
Race 7

This is a wide open race and to talk the shipper and ml chalk is a bad decision. I was high on Sabercat coming in the BC Juvy but he got sick and they pulled him. What alarms me is that the Frogman (Julien L) had the mount and now today the Assman is going with the local in Gerald M. in the saddle. With Gerald in the saddle the price will be right and also with Baffert in here the price will hover around 4/1-5/1 which looks strong on my end. But as I keep looking at this race Al Stall young colt starts to look more and more like a huge contender just bases on how Al trains his young runners. Then what about the Brett Calhoun runner that has come out of his last in great form, just take a look at those two last works over the Fairgrounds strip (STRONG), this one is bred to run all day long. He will also get the pace setup for his closing kick down the lane. I have this one booked for the Fairgrounds meet as he will love the long stretch there for the upcoming 3 yo campaign (BOOK HIM)!!!!! I’m going to stick with Sabercat in here as he will like this surface after winning back to back at Monmouth. Remember to use the two bottom bombs in your exotics, especially that Canadian shipper for a box car payoff.

#8 – Sabercat – w/p/s

Pick 3

RACE 6 - #3
RACE 7 - #8
RACE 8 - #8

Race 8

This one looks wide open and I’m back to another long shot and this jock and trainer are deadly together at this meet. This one needed her last coming off the bench. It seems to me they were pointing her for this race and this filly will battle to the wire today for a big share of the purse. The price is right on the ml and if she is getting played at the windows then you know the connections are firing away.

#8 – Izzie’s Gold – wps

Rae 9

Not going to be long winded here but all I see in this one is a SPEED POP and the will have to have their running shoes on to run with this one today. When the gates POP the race is over!!!!!!!!

DON’T LEAVE THE WINDOW - #5 – Atlantic Bull – w/p/s (BEST BET)

Race 10

This one doesn’t have the class compared to the top two in this race. But I see the extra two furlongs making the difference today is she is good enough and the jock can make the right timed move down the lane.

#3 – Moon Larry – w/p/s

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Fantastic call on Sabercat....congrats

8 Sabercat 18.00 8.20 5.60
    4 Basmati 7.80 5.40
    1 Longview Drive 5.80