Thanksgiving Fairgrounds

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Fairgrounds Race Course

Churchill Downs

November 23, 2011

I was asked by a longtime follower if I liked anything at the Fairgrounds today and I decided to pull the form up and see if anything stuck out and I see a few that are placed in today’s card to get the win on Thanksgiving day for their connections.

Fairgrounds

Race 1

#2 – Southern Rocket – Margolis always fires early at this meet and has this one primed to take the opener at odds on in this field. This one came at a big price tag and hasn’t lived up to it as of now.

#2 – Win and Place

Race 5

#2 – U Belong to Me – Rosie will stalk them and take command in the stretch run and move past the favorite to take this one at a square price.

#2 – Win and Place

Race 6

#10 – Stand – Autry claimed this one off Stall last year and has kept him around for some time now. One thing most don’t realize is Autry is deadly when he owns and trains his runners especially onthe weeds at the Fairgrounds.

#10 – Stand – Win and Place

Race 7

#5 – Sunday’s Child – This on sticks out like a sore thumb to me!!! Al Stall starting a first timer for Evelyn and Maurice Benoit, I meet these two people when I first got into the game at a local OTB and I can tell you one thing there isn’t a finer person then Mr. Maurice who was injured in an accident real bad and is in a wheelchair now. They have this one primed for the win today as the whole family will be in the suite watching this one win and head down to the winners circle for a Thanksgiving picture. Also the Benoit’s son is a great blues musician Tab Benoit, if you don’t have any of his stuff I recommend him big time. This guy is a talent and has earned it all on his own. Rosie in the saddle is a huge plus as well!!!

#5 – Sunday’s Child – Win and Place

Comments