Paging Mr. Greenhaw

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited January 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Any word on Thessalonian today? I have him working heads-up @ Saratoga with Richmond County, who came out of that drill to set the pace for six furlongs in the King Cugat Stakes (after winning his debut @ 23/1 back in September).

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I tried to buy a 1/4 of this one but his 3 shares went quick due to breeder G. Watts Humphries keeping a 1/4 himself. Big chestnut son of Corinthian has been slow to develop and his works start out rather slow and he finishes up good. weaver puts him into debut going a mile and thinks he has a good chance. Weaver says his recent works are more focused and he has shown alot of heart when he gets going. Johnny V. takes the mount and the price is right at 15-1. Everyone at Dogwood thinks he will show some energy early under Johnny and be placed near the leaders and given a good chance when he finds his best stride.

#7 VENTURA BAY, 7/2, is the horse to beat, according to Angel, and Weaver says the # 8, June Bug Red, at 12-1, another Corinthian colt, trained by David Fawkes for top Arkansas horseman Alex Lieblong, turned some heads on his latest workout when pulling away against older workmate.

THESSALONIAN will be easy to follow as he is a picture of Chestnut perfection, but you never know what they will do first out, but everyone thinks a top three finish is attainable!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited November 2011
    Great info, thanks.

I think he has a good chance also. Gave him out on my site today. Let's make some money on this one, shall we???
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Great info!! Thanks John and DC
    edited November 2011
    Thessalonian had the lead turning for home @ 28/1, but just couldn't hold on, turing to finish 4th.

GREAT info from Mr. Greenhaw, as Junebugred won the race @ 19.40, with favored Ventura Bar checking in third. All three of the horses mentioned in this thread ran in the superfecta, which paid $7,630 for a two dollar bet.
    edited January 2012
    Thessalonian is entered back @ Gulfstream today.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Weaver has had him hidden out over at Palm Beach Downs training center, not exactly Palm Meadows, and he has one published work, going very slow by design? Gets first time lasix and should show improvement 2nd out. Gets jockey change to Joe Bravo as JV and JC go elsewhere. This is a very tough race to pick due to the quality of very lightly raced 3 yo. To say that he is hooked tough is the understatement of the year. The TAP firster, #1 Dixie Dice is well meant and should show speed with several others on the inside. Not likely that Thessalonian will be on the lead early but the experience and lasix may payoff late as the pace begins to back up. I have a Ex Bx 1/5/7 but there are several in here who would be no surprise.