Saturday Stakes Plays--Aqu & CD

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited November 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Churchill Downs Race 9
Golden Rod G II 2yo fillies 1 1/16 $150k

#6 ON FIRE BABY, 3-1
No good value here anymore after Red Dog fillie took the G II Pocahantas at CD in last. She has come back to work very well and is definitely the " In Form Horse", but the added 1/16 could be a problem? She is a game little fillie and will give it her all, but will have to hold off some that will be coming late.

#1 BACK SPIN, 15-1
Jinks trained really came alive in last when put on conventional dirt surface. Confirmed closer will love the distance and a ground saving trip, not to mention the price, adds to the attraction.

#3 SPIRITED MISS, 6-1
You never know how these Woodbine shippers wil respond to CD dirt, but she has been working over CD surface for past 6 weeks for Mark Casse and lures Javier. Another confirmed closer will be finishing up strong.

Ex Bx 1--3--6

Aqueduct 7th
Remsen Stakes G II $200k 2yo 1 1/8

Taking a stand in here on the two I believe will be there at the finish.

#1 EL PADRINO, 7/2
just plain fast and a W2W threat from a speedy rail post. Appears to like any kind of surface, wet or dry, and could take these all the way if allowed to dictate soft fractions.

#9 SPEIGHTSCITY, 8-1
Gary Contessa's derby hopeful chased Hansen and Union Rags in last BC Juv. Gets a much needed class relief and has come back to work super and is proven at the 1 1/8 distance.

Tri & Super play 1/9---1/9---2/6/7---2/6/7

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Also on El Padrino today! Good luck!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    In the Remsen Stakes, I guess everyone, except me, got the memo on the Dale Romans colt, O'Praddo Again. 15-1 ml gets bet down to 5/2, floated back up to around 6-1 and comes on late to be the best. El Padrino looked hopelessly beaten but came again to get 3rd. Speightscity looked to be a horse in need of some well deserved rest as he prompted the pace and faded badly.

At CD Golden Rod Stakes, On Fire Baby was just super and led all the way . The extra 1/16 was no problem and she continues to defy her bloodlines. The longshot FB put out ran well for 2nd and the #1 longshot I gave came from last to get a close 3rd. The exacta and tri were large! Thanks FB!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    I crushed there asses today over 20k in just $1 supers, Brown Eye Jozi and Gold Rush Girl keying them, pretty good for a chalk player. I'm glad John you were also able to cash on the plays today.

FB
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited November 2011
    Churchill Downs Race 9
    Golden Rod G II 2yo fillies 1 1/16 $150k

#6 ON FIRE BABY, 3-1
    No good value here anymore after Red Dog fillie took the G II Pocahantas at CD in last. She has come back to work very well and is definitely the " In Form Horse", but the added 1/16 could be a problem? She is a game little fillie and will give it her all, but will have to hold off some that will be coming late.

#1 BACK SPIN, 15-1
    Jinks trained really came alive in last when put on conventional dirt surface. Confirmed closer will love the distance and a ground saving trip, not to mention the price, adds to the attraction.

#3 SPIRITED MISS, 6-1
    You never know how these Woodbine shippers wil respond to CD dirt, but she has been working over CD surface for past 6 weeks for Mark Casse and lures Javier. Another confirmed closer will be finishing up strong.

Ex Bx 1--3--6

Aqueduct 7th
    Remsen Stakes G II $200k 2yo 1 1/8

Taking a stand in here on the two I believe will be there at the finish.

#1 EL PADRINO, 7/2
    just plain fast and a W2W threat from a speedy rail post. Appears to like any kind of surface, wet or dry, and could take these all the way if allowed to dictate soft fractions.

#9 SPEIGHTSCITY, 8-1
    Gary Contessa's derby hopeful chased Hansen and Union Rags in last BC Juv. Gets a much needed class relief and has come back to work super and is proven at the 1 1/8 distance.

Tri & Super play 1/9---1/9---2/6/7---2/6/7

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Hartlage plans to send On Fire Baby to Oaklawn Park where she'll be prepared for lucrative stakes races this winter.

"We're nominated to the Kentucky Oaks now and we'll also nominate her to the Kentucky Derby (Triple Crown)," Hartlage said. "I'm telling you, she is that good."