Irad Abroad

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited February 2019 in Horse Racing Forum
Just saw that our favorite jock is riding in TVG's featured races from Santa Rosa park in Trinidad. Yeah buddy, he has to be the best jock to ever ride there right?

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Irad wins the feature by OPEN LENGTHS @ 5-1 (ON A FUCKING FILLY). I had $100 Win.

Irad is the fucking man.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Dirty,
    Why do I have no trouble picturing you playing a track in Trinidad-Tobaggo? Have to admit, I turned on TVG and watched, just didn't have the balls to play our old (new) friend, IRAD!!! Congrats on the BIG HIT!!

Did you checkout the Junkanoo dance on the track apron? I swear some of those island girls were naked! The TVG announcer made a great comment, something like ""TVG is 1/9 to receive a fine from the FCC for showing this"" Might be TVG's best moment!
    edited December 2011
    Dirty,
    Why do I have no trouble picturing you playing a track in Trinidad-Tobaggo? Have to admit, I turned on TVG and watched, just didn't have the balls to play our old (new) friend, IRAD!!! Congrats on the BIG HIT!!

Did you checkout the Junkanoo dance on the track apron? I swear some of those island girls were naked! The TVG announcer made a great comment, something like ""TVG is 1/9 to receive a fine from the FCC for showing this"" Might be TVG's best moment!

I cap all my non-major track bets @ $100. I also bet Australia on occasion. I missed the Paul Lo Duca comment.
    edited December 2011
    20110102_accionhip_2755790.jpg
    edited December 2011
    Ortiz,%20Irad.6-25-11.TK_.jpg

Kid's so cool. So stylish. JG you had to be impressed with his ride.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Nice hit! Forget about the horse/jockey pics! Where are the naked women pics?
    edited December 2011
    R8: 3.40PM — THE WEST INDIAN-BRED STAYERS CHALLENGE TROPHY - WEST INDIAN-BRED 3 YO & OVER (7) - 1800M - US$100,000.

1 (6) B’S Passion I Ortiz $2.85;$2.05
    2 (3) Go For The Gold R Jadoo $2.05
    3 (1) Sam’s Hero R D Ramos $2.05
    4 (7) Grand Rivire E Ramsammy

TIME: 1:54.6 DISTANCES: 3 1/2, 1, 8, 1 1/2

$1PARI: (6) $2.85; (3)$2.05; (1)$2.05;
    $1EXACTA: $28.40

TRIFECTA: $113.50 HI-5: $155.80

WINNER: 3 y.o ch.f – CHF Percise Sweep-Flying Mille (Sir Lal Bahadur)

OWNER: The Ladies Stables TRAINER: John O’Brien

BREEDER: Bernard Dulal-Whiteway

ALSO RAN: 6. Touch D Road Prayven Badrie 53.0; 7. Frankenstein Jalon Samuel 53.0

These are the on track numbers apparently, they got $2.85 for a buck. I got closer to 5.5-1.
    edited December 2011
    20110216_accionhip_2811401.jpg

He will be one of the all-time greats.
    edited December 2011
    Mikenyce wrote: »
    Nice hit! Forget about the horse/jockey pics! Where are the naked women pics?

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcTwDjraMnTEuveMlWI4tXkm0N4_CSj43HeMWk3lKBKI-o0bMQzg

Umm. Here's the connections.
    edited August 2015
    #hrtclassics

Found this for you JG.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited August 2015
    yEAH, I'd forgotten about this one and the ride down in the islands. It seems like the past few days he is avg. around 3 to 4 winners per day at the Spa. Not too bad! His mount today in the 8th feature didn't break and lift a hoof or he would have brought home the late double two days in a row. Interesting that the Assman has been using the Frogman quite a bit this year, but went with Irad with that expensive firster. I heard Steve Byk say the other day that Leparoux always leaves his horses with too much to do late. That is a understatement! I think it was Kenny that referred to him as "The Strangler"
    edited June 2016
    yEAH, I'd forgotten about this one and the ride down in the islands. It seems like the past few days he is avg. around 3 to 4 winners per day at the Spa. Not too bad! His mount today in the 8th feature didn't break and lift a hoof or he would have brought home the late double two days in a row. Interesting that the Assman has been using the Frogman quite a bit this year, but went with Irad with that expensive firster. I heard Steve Byk say the other day that Leparoux always leaves his horses with too much to do late. That is a understatement! I think it was Kenny that referred to him as "The Strangler"

Here's a Bejarano quote about today's G1

"I knew Heart to Heart was going to try for the lead and if I let him get to the lead, he'd control it," Bejarano said. "Julien tried to relax his horse right away. My horse is tough to control and I don't want to fight with him, so I let him run a little bit into the first turn. After that I tried to get set up, tried to get him relaxed and I had a lot of horse. I had plenty of horse and he just took off."

You don't fucking say...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2016
    True Story....My wife is White Jamaican. Her grandfather (who was pretty well off land wise anyways owning 100 acres in Jamaica which we now have 20 of) had a Philly "Lady Howard" who during her time was regarded as one of the best in Jamaica going undefeated through several races. Near the end of her racing she was beaten by a horse by several lengths. Unfortunately for the other horse, the owner put turpentine on the tail and the horse took off and won by lengths but was so spooked by it never stopped running until dying. Both her mother and grandmother told me the same story so I would have to believe it to be true.
    edited February 2019
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    20110216_accionhip_2811401.jpg

He will be one of the all-time greats.

He already is.