Aqueduct surface tid-bits?

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
I caught a little squibb on Brisnet from Dick Powell regarding the Inner Track Surface. Powell says, in summary, that NYRA will.. quit watering inner when temps drop. If no rain for a couple of days, the track will dry out and get deep and tiring, thus favoring come from behind runners, but that when the Inner gets moisture, watch out for speed on the front and along the inside.

I am informed that opening week the track is drying out and speed is not doing as well. Just thought this was valuable info!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Moisture in the Inner Today!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2011
    If they had been watering it previously, then wouldn't a day with moisture be more like an ordinary day?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Depends on the temps, I guess ?
    The way the track was playing last week, it looked dyr and dusty like the water trucks were MIA.

The 6th today is off-turf, and #14 The Roundhouse, looks like a good play based on his off-track record. Ramon takes a sneeky mount on a blinkers-on #8 at a big price, and #13 should also be in the hunt. Alot of sct so the 13 & 14 won't be hung out that far.
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Don't really follow Aqueduct that much over the winter but I always knew when its gets cold up there The inside front speed at a 1 1/8 always ran well!