Saturday Spots

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2011 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream 9th Spec Bid Stk $100k 2yo 6f

#5 LUKE OF YORK, 5/2
confirmed closer over Arl and Kee poly will have a shitload of speed to close into. Love the poly-to dirt angle for a two year old bred to love the dirt.

#7 ANCIENT ROME, 4-1
Tony Dutrow sends this down south after two speedy races at Delaware Park. Been working at Palm Meadows and getting alot of looks from folks in the know! Will offer value plus!

#8 TWISTED DREAM, 6-1
Just flat-out fast over stickey shit at Woodbine. Recent works signal that this one is on GO!

Vexor will be the fav in this race, but he has been absolutely drubbed in races with class, and this field is loaded with 2yo class. A play against on my card!

In the feature 8th at Hollywood, our play last out, Kettle Corn, 6-1, is back for Gomez/Sadler and offers value in a very tough race. Kettle Corn is #1, and he is spotted well at a price, but has to beat the #6, playing a ex bx 1--6.

Got to go, no time for analysis, but here are more:

Aq 1st---3---2/4
Aq 8th---3/4/8 ex bx

FG 10th---1/4/9 ex bx

Hollywood 3rd---#2 best bet of day!

GOOD LUCK!

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    LUKE OF YORK is a trainer sct at gulfstream.
    edited December 2011
    Sorry, I was in a hurry and really screwed up my GP play, wrong names and numbers, don't get much worse than that! Big sct of Luke Of York so going this way:

#3 Vexor, is still a threat regardless of recent drubbing vs class 2 yo.

#7 Ancient Rome, 4-1, see above

#8 Town Prize, 6-1, my write-up is ok, just had the wrong name and number! Speed on Woodbine sticky shit often transfers well on conventional dirt.
    edited December 2011
    0 for 4 at Aqueduct, Fair Grounds and Stream

But 2 for 2 at Hollywood with a $6.00 winner and a $65.00 exacta. Maybe I do know something about California racing after all? NOT!!!!

I really shot myself with my play at the stream. I hated #3 Vexor, but threw him in when Luke Of York was sct, and clearly should have not used him because I really liked the winner. Live and learn.