Latest Kentucky Derby futures from the Wynn

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Either this is the biggest sucker bet in the world OR we have the second coming of Secretariat
    7332 CREATIVE CAUSE 125/1 opening 20/1 Current
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Horsin~Aro wrote: »
    Either this is the biggest sucker bet in the world OR we have the second coming of Secretariat
    7332 CREATIVE CAUSE 125/1 opening 20/1 Current

Oh you must love Hansen @ 18-1?

I would bet the Fly Lexis Fly based on DC's Spanish info (and his crushing wins) @ 150-1
    Big sort who needs racing and maybe dirt, Blingo @ 125-1
    and see if they'll give Dan and Sheila (soon before the N1X or whatever stakes win) @ 250-1

We should get the top trainers Derby short lists and see if there is any value left (or if we can get it written).
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2011
    Just went down there yesterday. FLF was 175/1, Blingo was 75/1. And those were the two i was looking at.

Really kind of impressed with Blingo's race in the CashCall Futurity the other day, thought it was sneaky-good. He got slammed on both sides leaving the gate to get pinched back pretty badly (not that he was going to show much speed anyway), then raced very far back before finally coming into the stretch with seemingly a ton of horse left. Just had nowhere to go behind the big field but still came with a pretty good run, even managing to squeeze his way through a very tight spot when it looked like he was gonna get shut off. Ended up beaten just a few lengths to finish 5th or 6th maybe. Impressive effort considering the trouble, combined with the fact that he was stepping way up in class on short rest in only his second career start (both at routes, btw). Really get the impression that he has a lot of room to improve, especially at Derby Trail distances. The main problem i have with him is the running style, because we all know that dropping 15 lengths back and then trying to rally late doesn't always work so well in the huge, traffic-congested Derby field. Just ask Dialed In about that.

As for Fly Lexis Fly, i can't stop wondering, what the hell was Drysdale doing way down in Peru??? He must have a real hard-on for that horse. Certainly he had no other business there? Seems like a very telling sign from a guy who's roundly considered to be a master horseman. Can't wait to see him run up here in the States.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    I was listening to Steve Davidowitz of GRADEONERACING.COM yesterday on Steve Byk radio show and he was livid at the folks at Gulfstream and Palm Meadows. Seems that they have put in a total black-out for private clockers and visitors. Only one official clocker allowed to be present in the morning for works, unless you make a formal request to come in to see one particular horse, then you have to exit the premises. Even owners have to go through a Nazi security clearence to be present. So much for the folks in the ivory tower wanting the bettor to have any information. Nevertheless, Davidowitz did say that the Pletcher stable at Palm Meadows has at least 12 unraced soon to be 3 year olds who look very special. We have covered some of these already and scored pretty good on Dan And Sheila. Da Vinci is another who has raced but is really burning up the track in the mornings. I have requested more info on morning works and will post with any useful info from Palm Meadows training facility.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    On another related note, I haver noticed that the official Palm Meadows times as recorded by the one official clocker differ as much as 3/5 of a second from the times that Pletcher puts out on his client's web site. Doesn't sound like much, and I am told that they probably had a different finishing point, nevertheless, this is just another example of not getting valuable info to the bettor. Shame on them!
  • 2W2P2S2W2P2S Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Just went down there yesterday. FLF was 175/1, Blingo was 75/1. And those were the two i was looking at.

Really kind of impressed with Blingo's race in the CashCall Futurity the other day, thought it was sneaky-good. He got slammed on both sides leaving the gate to get pinched back pretty badly (not that he was going to show much speed anyway), then raced very far back before finally coming into the stretch with seemingly a ton of horse left. Just had nowhere to go behind the big field but still came with a pretty good run, even managing to squeeze his way through a very tight spot when it looked like he was gonna get shut off. Ended up beaten just a few lengths to finish 5th or 6th maybe. Impressive effort considering the trouble, combined with the fact that he was stepping way up in class on short rest in only his second career start (both at routes, btw). Really get the impression that he has a lot of room to improve, especially at Derby Trail distances. The main problem i have with him is the running style, because we all know that dropping 15 lengths back and then trying to rally late doesn't always work so well in the huge, traffic-congested Derby field. Just ask Dialed In about that.

As for Fly Lexis Fly, i can't stop wondering, what the hell was Drysdale doing way down in Peru??? He must have a real hard-on for that horse. Certainly he had no other business there? Seems like a very telling sign from a guy who's roundly considered to be a master horseman. Can't wait to see him run up here in the States.

Had Blingo in his debut. Arte Schiller newbies excelling at 1M on the turf. And the HOL main track surface transfers turf form extremely well. Think this guy struggles on dirt.