Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Better news for TVG, who has, or has had, very little to offer in the winter months. Noticed they don't even offer Tampa Bay this year. Only so much Turf Paradise you can take?

I wonder if this is an exclusive, because a couple of years ago TVG would only broadcast a track if they had an exclusive deal, with the exception of NYRA. Charlie Cella would not even consider a deal like that due to his longtime association with the powers that be at Churchill Downs, and thus Oaklawn Park has been on HRTV for the past few years.

Also wonder if the hiring of Frank Mirahmadi as the replacement for longtime track announcer Terry Wallace played some part in the TVG decision. Moreover, TVG just re-hired Nancy Ury after a year or so long absence. Nancy is the best on air chick going today and for those of you who are not framilure with her, get ready for some real insightful analysis. Nancy is a home town gal from Hot Springs and has connections in the horse business that go a long way. Not bad to look at either!

Like I said, sounds like very good news for TVG!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Forgot to also mention the changes this year at Oaklawn Park. After years of being the last track in the world to embrace exotic wagering, ( some of you old-timers might remember that they only offered a Daily Double), this year they will have a .50 pick3 pick-4 and dollar wagering on exactas and tri, with .10 cent on super. And the pick-6 Classic will now have a dollar minimum as opposed to $2.00.

About time Cella got his head out of his ass and let Eric Jackson and others who know a thing or two about running a race track have what they have wanted for years!!!!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    Better news for TVG, who has, or has had, very little to offer in the winter months. Noticed they don't even offer Tampa Bay this year. Only so much Turf Paradise you can take!

I wonder if this is an exclusive, because a couple of years ago TVG would only broadcast a track if they had an exclusive deal, with the exception of NYRA. Charlie Cella would not even consider a deal like that due to his longtime association with the powers that be at Churchill Downs, and thus Oaklawn Park has been on HRTV for the past few years.

Also wonder if the hiring of Frank Mirahmadi as the replacement for longtime track announcer Terry Wallace played some part in the TVG decision. Moreover, TVG just re-hired Nancy Ury after a year or so long absence. Nancy is the best on air chick going today and for those of you who are not framilure with her, get ready for some real insightful analysis. Nancy is a home town gal from Hot Springs and has connections in the horse business that go a long way. Not bad to look at either!

Like I said, sounds like very good news for TVG!

I have a buddy I grew up with (he never cared much for racing or knew a lot about it), and he works now in a bar with an OTB. He called the other day and said, "Doesn't Santa Anita start after Christmas, I'm tired of betting shitty tracks."
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    oaklawn is super excited about this. i have talked to mirhamadi a few times and he arrives in town on new years day. going to be an awesome friday the 13th... $$$$$$$$
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited December 2011
    We need another Archarcharch.....see what you can do :p
  • kingoftherapidkingoftherapid Senior Member
    edited December 2011
    haha i'll try! i'm heading up there in the morning to go give some carrots to on fire baby. :)