anything live at gulstream saturday?

rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
gonna play gulfstream saturday just wondering if anything is live.

thanks in advance

Comments

• SARATOGATESARATOGATE Member
    edited January 2012
    take a small play longshot on santiva in the feature
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    8th Race, $62,500 opt clm 1 1/16 Turf

#3 Powhatan County, 6-1, has had a load of problems and setbacks, but Weaver still thinks he can be a graded stakes winner. Healthy again and working well, he has a very good chance today, and gets Johnny V. in the saddle in a race where the Jock's decisions should be the difference.

#7 Versailles Road, 3-1, is the clear choice for Wilkes, but presence of Calvin in the saddle is a big question? We'll see how calvin is doing on his lessons on the GP grass?

#8 Keep Me Informed, 8-1, has been very inconsistent, and probably a major disappointment based upon his winstar bloodlines of A.P. Indy and a Distorted Humor mare. However, Bill Mott has been hotter than a pistol when bringing horses back off short rest. Turf is also a question, but Javier takes the mount and he certainly knows when to pull the trigger.

Ex Bx 3--5--7

Hal's Hope Race 9, 4 & up one mile

#1 Jackson Bend, 2-1, will take all the play and probably go off at less than even money. Been burning up the training track at PMM and has the best connections. Yet, there are two other in here who are very deserving of a chance to upset Jackson Bend:

#7 Soaring Empire, 4-1, string of local works have been absolutely super. Backside folks think this one has a real chance to take home top honors.

#4 Successful Mission, 3-1, is considered the fastest horse working at Calder. If he can transfer his speed across town to GP he has a very good chance.

No mortgage lifter here, but if Jackson Bend fails, the ex could be as high as $40. If this Ex Bx does not hit, I would be shocked!

Ex Bx 1--4--7
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    5. I like Mimi Cooper in the 5th. Bearly Enough and Rosebud Ridge will wear each other out in a fast pace, and I think Mimi Cooper should be able to hang in and close well. Morning line has her at 5-1.

7. Pletcher has Ecabroni in the 7th. I don't think I could get off of that horse if I were there. He'll be the favorite, though, so might not pay enough to be worthwhile.

9. Jackson Bend and Successful Mission look like a good exacta combination in the 9th. In my weekend contest, I went with Jackson Bend, but it was a coin toss for me.

10. I like Flat Out in the 10th, but the morning line makes Mutual Trust the favorite. I don't know how to handicap foreign horses that haven't raced in the USA before, but I can see the Mutual Trust hasn't raced since August. Bullet workout on Dec 31st, but I still like Flat Out here.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I like FREE FALLIN MON in the second...w2w
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Thanks all.

Have a profitable race day.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    R4 #9 Alke John Ml 3-1
    R9 #2 Sky Venture Ml 20-1
  • husker70husker70 Senior Member