Cali Racing is so bad

GuffawGuffaw Junior Member
edited January 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
The state of racing in California is just so bad. Cheap horses filling graded races. It still amazes me how a plodder like Zenyatta is still talked about with one of the all-time greats..

Guffaw

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Guffaw wrote: »
    The state of racing in California is just so bad. Cheap horses filling graded races. It still amazes me how a plodder like Zenyatta is still talked about with one of the all-time greats..

Guffaw

Maybe the greatest ever. Big difference between "a plodder" and a mare with electrifying turn of foot. She's bred to be amazing. I know it's hard for you fathom how deep of a BC she beat, but at least you aren't still touting Rachel.

Zenyatta won 17 Graded stakes races including 13 Grade I events and defeated 4 champions of 8 different awards: Gio Ponti (2009 American Champion Older Male Horse and 2009, 2010 American Champion Male Turf Horse), Sealy Hill (Canadian Horse of the Year, Canadian Champion 3 Year Old Filly and Canadian Champion Female Turf Horse) Summer Bird (2009 American Champion Three-Year-Old Male Horse) and Ginger Punch (2007 American Champion Older Female Horse).
    In Zenyatta's 20:19–1–0 racing record she defeated multiple Grade I winners including: Colonel John ; Richard's Kid; Einstein; Ginger Punch; Tough Tiz's Sis; Cocoa Beach; Music Note, Life Is Sweet, Switch, Lookin at Lucky and Summer Bird. She also defeated European Multiple Group I winners Rip Van Winkle and Twice Over.
    Grade 1 winners: Awesome Gem (2010 Hollywood Gold Cup); Girolamo (2010 Vosburgh Stakes); Mine That Bird (2009 Kentucky Derby); Hystericalady (2007 Humana Distaff Handicap), Romance Is Diane (2006 Hollywood Starlet Stakes), Double Trouble (2008 Santa Maria Handicap), Santa Teresita (2009 Santa Maria Handicap), and Carriage Trail (2008 Spinster Stakes).

We good now?

DIRTY