Super Bowl picks

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Looks like the line is starting to move, so i'll go ahead and post my pick now...

I like the Giants +3. Just can't see the Patriots' horrible pass defense being able to slow down a top-level passing offense like New York's.

For that reason, i'll also be looking at some player props involving Manning, Cruz, & Nicks. Haven't seen any sheets out yet, but they should be available by this weekend. Will post any additional plays in this thread in the coming days.

Comments

• wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    TWO TEAMS I HATE...but...I will take the 3 points...w2w
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    I'm on the Giants as well and like the over just as much. You won't see a 17-14 final this time. I agree with W2W I cannot stand either team.
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Funny bein smack 100 miles between each one, I hate them both too. Have to give the nod to Coughlin though he may be the one real class person here. staying away from the head to head but went with the over. The initial line was begging you to take the giants.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2012
    Okay, some additional Super Bowl stuff, as promised...

Eli Manning OVER 302.5 passing yards (-120)

Eli Manning OVER 2.0 touchdown passes (-110)

Lawrence Tynes OVER 7.0 kicking points (-125)
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Okay, some additional Super Bowl stuff, as promised...

Eli Manning OVER 302.5 passing yards (-120)

Eli Manning OVER 2.0 touchdown passes (-110)

Lawrence Tynes OVER 7.0 kicking points (-125)

You really should come to Sapphire's buddy. I'll get you VIP.
    edited February 2012
    Bump.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    For me, kind of hard to care. When you have been a lifetime fan of the JETS, it is impossible to root for the Patriots. Likewise, when you are a fan of the Cowboys, you sure as hell are not going to pull for the G-Men. BTW, congrats to Curtis Martin, elected to Hall Of Fame. Very deserving for this fine young man who is a real class act and was never given the credit he deserved, 4th all-time rushing leader.

I think I'll play the over, around 53 1/2 last I looked, and hope both defenses implode!
    edited February 2012
    It does figure to be a high-scoring game....good luck!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I notice on one of those web pages, yahoo or aol or something, there was a link to predictions from Joe Namath.

Joe says that this game is all about mind set, and that although the Giants are dogs, they act like they are favored. Joe says this bodes well for the Pats. We'll see. BTW, although I am not a fan of Billechik, I admire Tom Brady and still think this is his league! Hard not to like his past lifestyle either, super models, etc.
  • haveseenitallhaveseenitall Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    Teaser Illinois -1/2 with the Giants +9

Illinois 12-1 at home with a win over Ohio State