Two For The Stream Sunday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited January 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
GP 3rd
f & m 1 1/2 turf

#4 WOODFORD BELLE, 6-1
Blue blood Clay family sent this daughter of Arch to Europe where she ran against some of the best. Her last three in england were very good and they brought her back to the states and turned her over to former TAP assistant, Michelle Nihei, and she picked up right back where she left off in England, winning her first in the states where she walked out of the gate and bid her time and made a late move to win pulling away in a visually impressive fashion. Edgar Prado may not be the jock he was a few years ago, but he still knows how to pull the trigger at the right time, and if he does so today this big girl will be right there at the wire. WIN/PLACE WAGER

GP 7th
3yo opt clm(but no clm in here) 1 1/16

You never know, could be Triple Crown players in this very good race.
Pat Byrne has Take Charge Indy, who is the chalk due to his running behind Hansen in BC Juv. But he has no early speed and although he shows a bullet work, I just think he will get caught down inside and encounter traffic trouble late, and he has Calvin BORAIL in the irons. I'm going to try to beat him based on a few who are coming into this race with a shitload of positives!

#7 CASUAL TRICK,5/2, very good tactical speed and drawn to the outside. WTF else do you want to see from a Zito/Johnny V. horse. Should be near the lead , or on the lead when they straighten out and will be trying to hold off the following:

#2 EL PADRINO, 4-1, is another from TAP barn who is coming into this race after showing tactical speed and late kick to boot! Would certainly be no surprise if he clears all late, but he has not faced the likes of this kind of quality. Still, a must use in exotics.

#4 BIG SCREEN, 6-1, This big huge gray out of Speightstown and a Unbridled Song fillie has more heart than any horse I have seen this year. The powers that be at Dogwood Stables think he is a true stakes winning colt and Cot is chomping at the bit to see what he will do today when he faces winners for the first time . A real test of medal but this colt will give you all he has and refuses to give an inch when put to the test. Look at the race replays of his last two and you will see what I mean. Coming into this race with super works and he just may go to the front if the pace is weak. If not, you can bet that he will be giving it his all at the 1/8 pole and digging for the finish line! May drift up from 6-1 and is a value play across the board with underrated trainer Frank Alexander.

#4 wps
ex bx 2---4---7

bonus play race 8
#8 Certainty, 12-1
will be rolling late at a big price, another from Frank Alexander and Dogwood who is a real steal at 12-1

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    i think take charge indy will win...i think he will be closer then normal with borel on board...chalk it up..gl today
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited January 2012
    Hansen will run them off there feet, he is this years Smarty Jones.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited January 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Hansen will run them off there feet, he is this years Smarty Jones.

Do not agree, I think he gets beat here. Turnback into a one-turn mile after two straight two-turn races, while realistically he's only prepping for additional two-turn races. Throw in the fact that he's never been anywhere but on the lead, and he'll be facing serious pace pressure here, thru faster fractions than he's accustomed to. Think he'll get softened up by the hot pace and is ripe for an upset today.