Gulfstream for Saturday

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Gulfstream

Race 2 – Desert Strom

Race 3 – Space Race

Race 4 – Excess Liquidity and Arkansas Joe both look like win contenders.

Race 5 - pass

Race 6 – Onepointthreekarats – This one has been working heads up with Table Three Ten, undefeated filly that is the real deal for Team Valor off a private purchase.

Race 7 – Cool Blue Red Hot – only for main track, passing the turf course.

Race 8 – Il Villano

Race 9 – pass

Race 10 – Hymn Book

Race 11 – pass

Race 12 – Tipitina

Comments

• jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I like Ever So Lucky in the 8th. I think Thunder Moccasin and II Villano will wear each other out.

In the 10th, I like Trickmeister to beat Shackleford, Flat Out, and Ruler on Ice. I like the lone speed horse, although Shackleford might end up beating him.
  • SARATOGATESARATOGATE Member
    edited February 2012
    im liking hymn book also looks good for a closer
  • LARRYKLARRYK Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    Twin Q - Gulfstream today

$6,854 pool - Race #10 & #12

Need 3 horses each race - we'll split the winner

thanks - larry k
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »

Race 6 – Onepointthreekarats – This one has been working heads up with Table Three Ten, undefeated filly that is the real deal for Team Valor off a private purchase.

I posted the same thing on my site this morning. Let's get this one. :yes:

Btw, i'm surprised by your Race 2 pick. Thought you'd be on someone else (i'lll bump the other thread in case you've forgotten).
    edited February 2012
    jjohns7777 wrote: »
    I like Ever So Lucky in the 8th. .

He's scratched due to the wet track.
    edited February 2012
    I saw Ever So Lucky scratched. Wet track is good for front runners, but there are still two. I still think they'll wear each other out and let a presser win. I'm now thinking Wildcat Creek.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Couple things guys:

FB - Thank you for Hymn Book. Saved my day. Also made me look very smart in front of a few important individuals. Huge Thanks - I didn't even look at the race and made a score.

Onepointthreekarats - Was taking a shit at the start. A big steaming, hot shit. I tried to cancel my ticket. I've never seen a horse overcome that in my life. HUGE playback, thanks anyways for the info guys.

What happened to Stirred Up?
    edited February 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »

Race 10 – Hymn Book

Wow, great call!
    edited February 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »

Onepointthreekarats - Was taking a shit at the start. A big steaming, hot shit. I tried to cancel my ticket. I've never seen a horse overcome that in my life. HUGE playback, thanks anyways for the info guys.

Now there's a handicapping angle, lol. Makes some sense though. He definitely didn't break well, then got rushed a bit. Also, they had just harrowed the track less than an hour ago, and it was probably pretty deep.
    edited February 2012
    Saturday was a bad day for me. I should have known better in the 8th, but I never would have thought Hymn Book would win in that group in the 10th. Somebody is a much better handicapper than I am (not that that's saying a lot) to make that choice.

I usually pick at least two winners and one or two places out of 8 races in my weekly contest. This week one win was all I had.