Julien Leparoux to NYRA

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Leparoux moving his tack to NY after GP meet. He will ride at Keeneland and CD for Derby week only. He says that he wants new challenges, but alot has to do with guarantees from Contessa and Mott. IMO, this also says something about the quality of Kentucky racing, Keeneland and Derby week notwithstanding!

Comments

• wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    NYRA will welcome him with open arms.He has potential to hit it big here.Also has anyone noticed how DOMINGUEZ has been claiming OBJECTIONS lately.It seems like he feels if he loses a race something must have happened to cause it.w2w
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Forgot to also mention Linda Rice, who has been using Leparoux on many, especially her turf runners.

ATM didn't do much yesterday after a five (5) bagger on Wednesday. I haven't noticed the objections lately, but I've gotten to the point where I will not let him beat me anymore. Last time I got this way with a jockey was Pat Day, who owned OP & CD. Spring can't get here fast enough for me when good jocks come home from Florida!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    First time I had to play a jockey was in the 70's.REMEMBER CAUTHEN...MANIA? He had 7 winners one summer saturday at the BIG A...w2w
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I used to love New York Racing, but as of late it sucks. I don't follwo it like I used to for some reason. I was at the FG last Sunday and had an old timer come up to me and says give me the rundown on The Big A. I told him I didnt' look at one race there and have nothnig for him. He got pissed and said I was holding out, I then told him the 1 is super live in the last race here today for Michele. When they ran the last race he came and shook my hand and said you wasn't holding out, I told him I will never hold out on a Old Timer!!!!!! I love the track, it's like going to a realtiy show each and everytime. I smile as I write this post. Cannot wait to get back next weeknd, nothinig like live raicng, cold beer, and seeing those beautiful animals run there hearts out for our pleasure.

fb
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    As you guys know I play NY but it has gotten tougher and tougher to make a buck, the biggest reason, the size of the fields and constant multiple scratches even in races with 6 and less horses. Leparoux coming will just IMO make it harder to make a buck as you will have to search deep to beat the top 2 or 3 jocks on the top 2 or 3 favorites in all the short fields.
    edited February 2012
    Horsin~Aro wrote: »
    As you guys know I play NY but it has gotten tougher and tougher to make a buck, the biggest reason, the size of the fields and constant multiple scratches even in races with 6 and less horses. Leparoux coming will just IMO make it harder to make a buck as you will have to search deep to beat the top 2 or 3 jocks on the top 2 or 3 favorites in all the short fields.

Agree
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Brad Free (very nice guy, worst handicapper ever) hit the pick 6 with 4 singles and it paid $41,000. The world will most likely end because of this.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Before the world ends, take a look today at the El Camino Derby at Golden Gate---yeah, I said Golden Gate!

Julien Leparoux gives up a whole day to go ride DADDY NOSE BEST, 9/2, for the Assman.

Debut at CD on soft turf was a winner, easy winner under a hand ride. Shipped to SA for Eddie Logan Stakes and didn't care for the extra firm turf at SA. Series of routine works at SA, and one very good one. Now ships north for big money and goes on the sticky shit surface . Could be completely overlooked at the windows in the land of Hollandorfer/Baze ?
    edited February 2012
    I love Lucky Chappy today in the El Camino!!! Let's cash the exacta.

fb
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Before the world ends, take a look today at the El Camino Derby at Golden Gate---yeah, I said Golden Gate!

Julien Leparoux gives up a whole day to go ride DADDY NOSE BEST, 9/2, for the Assman.

Debut at CD on soft turf was a winner, easy winner under a hand ride. Shipped to SA for Eddie Logan Stakes and didn't care for the extra firm turf at SA. Series of routine works at SA, and one very good one. Now ships north for big money and goes on the sticky shit surface . Could be completely overlooked at the windows in the land of Hollandorfer/Baze ?

Whoooo didn't even look at the race just threw a few $$$ on Daddy Nose Best won by a nose!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012

VERY nice exacta here guys. I didn't even see this earlier, but I was on FB's horse W/P.