Any word on Late Night Action tomorrow?

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited March 2013 in Horse Racing Forum
Read a few threads here mentioning LNA first time out.Had excuses returns tomorrow at
1 1/16 on turf,any word?

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Barn thinks he may be a head case? Green as hell in debut, given 2 weeks off after first and came back good, works were good, last work was typical TAP jog before a race. Has worked heads up with the best and his last will certainly get a better price, but he is far from being anything close to a future star? Proceed with caution?
    edited February 2012
    FYI, this quick dirt-to-turf move from barn is not a sign of confidence!
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2012

JG,can we convidently say his first race was a prep for the quick turnaround on turf?Field tomorrow is solid,is hes worht a bet at 8/1 or higher?
    edited February 2012

JG,sign of desperation after one race,wow?
    edited February 2012
    Man---that's putting me on a spot!
    GP 3yo msw races on dirt are hard to get into, alot of entries this time of year. This high-priced clm race on turf came up so they decided to give him a try on turf. Probably thinking if he jumps shadows again he can recover in a turf race. Yet, he was really showing good form in works last month, and second out improvement is a real possibility? I think you could expect him to be gunned from the start and try to be in the first flight, and hope JC can ration some speed for late running. At 6-1 or better, yeah, worth a shot?
    edited February 2012
    Man---that's putting me on a spot!
    GP 3yo msw races on dirt are hard to get into, alot of entries this time of year. This high-priced clm race on turf came up so they decided to give him a try on turf. Probably thinking if he jumps shadows again he can recover in a turf race. Yet, he was really showing good form in works last month, and second out improvement is a real possibility? I think you could expect him to be gunned from the start and try to be in the first flight, and hope JC can ration some speed for late running. At 6-1 or better, yeah, worth a shot?

JG,first and foremost thanks for your info always appreciated.Didnt mean to put you on the spot.Im diving into the early pick 4 at Gulfstream tomorrow,i think Animal Kingdom is beatable in last leg.I love a horse in first leg so im trying to cover all bases.

BTW,JG im surprised Mysterious Chimes 3rd race off the layoff yesterday at OAK was 8/1.MC loved oaklwan earlier in her career,ran out of her skin yesterday,may wheel right back in a overnight small stake.

WIll AK be fully cranked tomorrow?
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I never expected to get involved here, but this was in my stable notes:

Late Night Action
    Notes: Pletcher grass type; might try Derby Trail

Not sure where the fuck I came up with this, but it indicates grass was expected. Who knows....
    edited February 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    I never expected to get involved here, but this was in my stable notes:

Late Night Action
    Notes: Pletcher grass type; might try Derby Trail

Not sure where the fuck I came up with this, but it indicates grass was expected. Who knows....

Classic-your buying or passing?
    edited February 2012
    I think Dirty may have gotten that info from me? LNA had been working with my colt at PMM and I made a comment about one of his workmates being pointed toward the grass. However, I was talking about one who debuted on dirt and ran off, Liberty Bound, who is pointed on dirt all the way now.

Work-tab shows him working once on PMM turf, 2 back I think, and time was ok. I think the work was subsequent to his dismal first out where he jumped shadows all the way down the backstretch.

Dam side has a ton of turf pedigree. I would not leave off your pick-4 ticket. Good works, top barn, hot jock, and 2nd out improvement spell player!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    I was more than a little disappointed with Late Night Action in the debut. Could rebound today, but who knows. FWIW, i like the Attfield horse in this race. He's pretty deadly with this type; reminds me of Perfect Shirl debuting right about this same time a couple of years back.
    edited February 2012
    I was more than a little disappointed with Late Night Action in the debut. Could rebound today, but who knows. FWIW, i like the Attfield horse in this race. He's pretty deadly with this type; reminds me of Perfect Shirl debuting right about this same time a couple of years back.

Wins and pays $10 and change.
    edited February 2012

DC good call on the runnerup hope you had the exacta...
  • horseplayhorseplay Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    thanks for the tip had the ex 6 with field 173.40
    edited February 2012
    Houdini wrote: »
    Classic-your buying or passing?

I bought. I just didn't wake up early enough to bet it. Nice exacta boys, thanks for the info on both horses regardless.
    edited March 2012

This one runs back tomorrow. Perfect Tay (the Attfield horse) was claimed by a shrewd trainer for 75k last out. 3-1ML

What do think in here DC? I was impressed by this one's last run...
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    I looked at the race, and think he has a good chance, but i'm more than a little concerned about the price. The claim out of the debut will draw a lot of attention, and shrewd as the guy may be, he's no Roger Attfield. Think he'll be shorter than 2/1, and the appatrent lack of speed is a concern as well. I passed. Probably means he'll win easy, lol.
    edited March 2012
    I looked at the race, and think he has a good chance, but i'm more than a little concerned about the price. The claim out of the debut will draw a lot of attention, and shrewd as the guy may be, he's no Roger Attfield. Think he'll be shorter than 2/1, and the appatrent lack of speed is a concern as well. I passed. Probably means he'll win easy, lol.

Attfield lost a nice one here. This horse had an easy victory @ 3-1. The horse who finished second was the only other horse who looked to have a shot, but was carried wide coming home.
    edited March 2012
    Late Night Action with Solis up on Saturday.
    edited March 2013
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    This one runs back tomorrow. Perfect Tay (the Attfield horse) was claimed by a shrewd trainer for 75k last out. 3-1ML

What do think in here DC? I was impressed by this one's last run...

Goes tomorrow in the GP 6th @ 15-1. OC25kN1X. Has a live look.
    edited March 2013
    $$$$$$$$$$