Discreet Cat

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
DC - How about Baffert's Discreet Cat filly that won the 6th. Mama Kimbo was working on level terms with BODEMEISTER (a monster colt) and went off @ 6-1. I feel terrible for not telling anyone this AM, but I really thought she was gonna be even money or less. Regardless, this one has a future.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    She looked sensational.

I actually gave her out on my site today, too. Can't believe she paid that much.

PS - I ike Bodemeister quite a bit. Hugely impressive last week.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    She looked sensational.

I actually gave her out on my site today, too. Can't believe she paid that much.

PS - I ike Bodemeister quite a bit. Hugely impressive last week.

There was only 20k in the win pool for her... Fucking quarter of it was mine (joking). I haven't been that confident in a horse in forever at that price. The Baffert double paid $19 for the 3/5 MORTAL lock in the 5th. I banged that a few times too. I'm big on Bodemeister as well, but I went FED BIZ in the futures, small money. Baffert has an AMAZING stash of horses.
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, he's loaded this year.
    edited February 2012
    Btw, speaking of the Baffert horses today, i noticed that Paynter (who incidentally had been working under a different name, M C's Dream) had worked a couple of times with an unraced horse named Derby Gold. So you might watch out for that one.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    i couldn't find a reason to bet her
    edited February 2012
    How the fuck did this happen. A 101 Beyer - I'm still stunned about the price.
    edited February 2012
    HK's Kitty in the last at SA today. I think the Mitchell horse is the only one who has a shot at her.
    edited April 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    DC - How about Baffert's Discreet Cat filly that won the 6th. Mama Kimbo was working on level terms with BODEMEISTER (a monster colt) and went off @ 6-1. I feel terrible for not telling anyone this AM, but I really thought she was gonna be even money or less. Regardless, this one has a future.

I'm racing at Oaklawn today. *horse noise*
    edited April 2012
    I'm racing at Oaklawn today. *horse noise*

Same as stealing.
    edited April 2012
    Same as stealing.

Well, i wouldn't say that. Amie;s Dini is obviously a very nice horse.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks for that vote of confidence---assholes!!!

I guess you assholes showed me!!!

Sour Grapes---NEVER!!!
    Tomorrow is a new day!

I will be at OP for the remainder of the meet. Do not--and I mean do not--leace my bug boy Cancheri out of any of your exotic plays---this kid is strong and I mean strong---will be a major jockey within the next year.

Track could be wet by Derby on Saturday? Stay tuned!

Good luck--even DC and asshole Dirty!!! you Baffert groupies!
    edited April 2012
    Gotta be honest - I hate Baffert the man, love Baffert the trainer.
    edited April 2012
    Btw, speaking of the Baffert horses today, i noticed that Paynter (who incidentally had been working under a different name, M C's Dream) had worked a couple of times with an unraced horse named Derby Gold. So you might watch out for that one.

Derby Gold came back to win a Cal-Bred stakes @ a big price, after being beaten a nose by Love That Action (who ran vs. older in his second, and is worth a look next time), the D'Amato horse we had here.
    edited May 2012
    Bumping. Look @ all the great info in here.

Mamma Kimbo and Paynter's maidens.

Mamma's Oaklawn crush.

Paynter's real name.

Shout out's to Bode in February.

Derby Gold (who won second out at a big price as DC's horse to watch)
    edited May 2012
    Forgot that Paynter had been working under a different name, lol.

Incidentally, i gave out a 2yo first-time starter on my site yesterday (Mr. Rodriguez @ Belmont) whose name was missing from the worktab in a recent 3-horse team drill. Always worth a look whenever you see that type of thing....those horses seem to win more than their fair share.
    edited May 2012
    HK's Kitty in the last at SA today. I think the Mitchell horse is the only one who has a shot at her.

I've been waiting for them to pull a scam with this one forever. He trains like a beast, very speedy, but has caught bad trips.

Well, sure enough he was in at Los Alamitos tonight and scratched. Wanted to bet 5k @ even money.