Question

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Has anyone found that the inner track is much tougher to handicap when it used to be??
I have never done this poorly on the inner and it's really hard for me to adjust when wide sweeping closers are winning on a track that used to be not necessarily speed favoring but definitely favorable to horses saving ground.
Please reply.
Ben

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    W2W & Horsin know this track better than I do. But, I still play and I used to go by the old theory that if the track has moisture in it, inside speed is KING. If dry, who knows? My biggest gripe is the small fields and short prices. AND, ATM Dominguez!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    For 2 days last week the inner track was moist...listed as fast but moist...out of 18 races I think 2 CLOSERS won...SPEED is still KING...BUT...small fields are killing this meet...MAYBE they should take an extended WINTER BREAK instead of feeding us poor racing...w2w
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    The frost never got into the ground this year in the northeast. winter track always favored speed in the 1,2 posts and the 3,4 posts during moisture. The 1st week or so the track really played to the 1 post but since has not played normal at all IMO because of the very mild winter