Southwest Stakes Oaklawn Park

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Finally, a better than usual card of racing!

Race 2---#7
Race 3---#2
Race 6---ex bx 1/6/7

Race 8 Division I
Tri Box 3---5---8---11

#3 Jake Mo, 15-1, is a solid threat to take these all the way at a huge price. #8 Reckless Jerry, 9/2, was a tough luck 2nd last out and has a late kick from hell! The other two are California shippers for Baffert & Hollandorfer and make complete sense.

Race 9 Division II
Ex Bx 2---6---9 or tri key 9---2/6/7
#9 is Secret Circle, 1-1, from Baffert barn. Most likely winner but stranger things have happened? The others come from barns of Servis, Richard, & Whiting and have shown good form in their last and good works coming up to this race. Keep in mind that these two races are run at one mile distance, so you have sprinters running against Derby types, and early speed at OP has done very well.

Race 10
Great allowance race for 3yo, and Bejarano & Leparoux will get a little home cookin from local jocks in here!

Tri Play 7/11---7/11---3/12

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Nice call on Jake Mo!!!!
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Finally, a better than usual card of racing!

Race 2---#7
    Race 3---#2
    Race 6---ex bx 1/6/7

Race 8 Division I
    Tri Box 3---5---8---11

#3 Jake Mo, 15-1, is a solid threat to take these all the way at a huge price. #8 Reckless Jerry, 9/2, was a tough luck 2nd last out and has a late kick from hell! The other two are California shippers for Baffert & Hollandorfer and make complete sense.

Race 9 Division II
    Ex Bx 2---6---9 or tri key 9---2/6/7
    #9 is Secret Circle, 1-1, from Baffert barn. Most likely winner but stranger things have happened? The others come from barns of Servis, Richard, & Whiting and have shown good form in their last and good works coming up to this race. Keep in mind that these two races are run at one mile distance, so you have sprinters running against Derby types, and early speed at OP has done very well.

Race 10
    Great allowance race for 3yo, and Bejarano & Leparoux will get a little home cookin from local jocks in here!

Tri Play 7/11---7/11---3/12

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

JG,good call hopefully you cleaned up.
  • moezeppemoezeppe Junior Member
    edited February 2012
    Fantastic Tri-box John Race 8
    Congrats on big hit
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Baffert ships in and sweeps!!! Is the local string that weak at Oaklawn this year??? These two were Bafferts second tier in his barn. Look for plenty more shippers for the Rebel. The only local I was impressed with was Scatman, he ran his guts out!!!! I'm very disappointed in Junebugred and Cyber Shot today. Secret Circle ran 1 second faster than Castaway.