Saturday 2nd race at Fairgrounds

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited February 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Regally bred 3 years old run sat(2nd race) at fairgrounds.Any word on the any of the first time starters?

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    Hell yes!!!

#6 Agent Di Nozzo
    firster out of Will Farish bred and bought by Robert Low.
    Out of Ghostbuster and working up to first race firing bullets. Steve Margolis trained and he can't wait to see what this one will do. Downside is that this one is no secret, expect short price at less than 4-1.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited February 2012
    Since when does Margolis train for Low? I thought that was Dan Peitz's turf.
    edited February 2012
    Danny Peitz and Steve Margolis go way back to their days in New York. Peitz is the Low's private trainer, but Margolis has trained several for the Low's, Cool Bullet, and Arienza when she was rehabbing at CD last summer. Similar to when Baffert ships east and Tonja Terranova handles the routine.

Agent Di Nozza is a 3 years old colt who is unraced, but the connections are very big on him. Problem could be his age. Although a 3 year old, he was a very late foal, June 2009, so he is spotting the others as much as 5 months in maturity. Nevertheless, his works at the Fair Grounds are pretty impresive!

It appears that the Low's were very big on breeding to Ghostzapper 3 years ago. Still waiting on Zapper Belle to fire at Oaklawn!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    I really like the bottom horse for the Assman (Sold Out Show), I call this type of maide a IO with means from the inside now to the cozy spot of the outside. Both races this Tale of the Cat colt comes out of were very fast. This one looks ready to fire today on a 18 day turn around with Bridg in the saddle. Might get a better price with the live firsters in this one. Assman likes to win on big days at the FG.

fb
    edited February 2012
    Nice info here, thanks guys. I'll check back in the thread after the Form comes out and i get a chance to see all the works laid out on paper. Based on the PDF that FB sent me, it seems that the Larry JOnes owned-and-trained firster Safely Spun is coming off a heads-up bullet with Very Lucky, whom it appears will be the favorite in there.

Btw, Agent Di Nozza worked in 10.2 @ the Fasig-Tipton sale last year. Not very fast (9.3 was the fastest), but interesting that he brought $100,000 despite the somewhat slow clocking. Somebody must've seen something they liked.
    edited February 2012
    Nice info here, thanks guys. I'll check back in the thread after the Form comes out and i get a chance to see all the works laid out on paper. Based on the PDF that FB sent me, it seems that the Larry JOnes owned-and-trained firster Safely Spun is coming off a heads-up bullet with Very Lucky, whom it appears will be the favorite in there.

Btw, Agent Di Nozza worked in 10.2 @ the Fasig-Tipton sale last year. Not very fast (9.3 was the fastest), but interesting that he brought $100,000 despite the somewhat slow clocking. Somebody must've seen something they liked.

Did you get the early form I emailed to you?
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited February 2012
    fbwinners wrote: »
    Did you get the early form I emailed to you?

Anyone need the formulator form pdf for saturday give me a holler catergorycinco@yahoo.com
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, i got it last week, thank you.
    edited February 2012
    Yeah, i got it last week, thank you.

I have over 100 cards left let me know and i will give you the PW for DRf and you could downloaded no problem here,we are all in this together.
    edited February 2012
    Thanks. I just prefer to use the newspaper edition of the Form, primarily because the margins are much larger (than on a printed-out hard copy), enabling me to write down names of workmates and make other such notes.
    edited February 2012
    Hell yes!!!

#6 Agent Di Nozzo
    firster out of Will Farish bred and bought by Robert Low.
    Out of Ghostbuster and working up to first race firing bullets. Steve Margolis trained and he can't wait to see what this one will do. Downside is that this one is no secret, expect short price at less than 4-1.

Heads-up John, there's a Margolis filly entered today in Race 6 (#8 Take Interest, 6/1 ml) who is coming off a best-of-64 gate drill last week with none other than Agent Di Rizzo. Should give us a good barometer for tomorrow (and perhaps a better price today, considering she lost badly @ Hoosier in her only prior race last year). Worth an eyeball, at the very least.
    edited February 2012
    Appreciate the heads up DC. I had heard about this fillie too but forgot. Looks like a beast on the works, with ADR. I made a post note on the OP thread about Ingenue in the 2nd tonight at FG. Hope the rain holds off.
    edited February 2012
    Thanks. I just prefer to use the newspaper edition of the Form, primarily because the margins are much larger (than on a printed-out hard copy), enabling me to write down names of workmates and make other such notes.

DC i have a free program which enables you to write notes squares,circles whatever color you want...
    Go to pdf annotate.I bought the progrqam and anyone could downloaded free.Great stuff.
    edited February 2012
    Udated info on this race, have confirmed that Jones has worked Safel Spun heads up withh Belive You can and worked head to head with that filly. Jones also gets in light with the bug boy up for this race. The work on the 9th was heads up with Very Luck the ml favorite and was told Spun was the better mover that day over the strip. Watch the tote board as Spun might be a live stable horse with the bug!!!!!!

fb
    edited February 2012
    Couldn't find a ton of pertinent info on this one. As mentioned, Agent Di Nozzo worked from the gate with yesterday's entrant Take Interest, who ran third, but was pressing fats early fractions of 21.4 and 45.2 during the opening half-mile. Suspect this means Agent Di Nozzo will be shwoing speed today. Also worth noting, prior to the Take Interest work, he also worked with the older stakes-type Stay Put, who last ran 5th in the Louisiana Handicap.

Safely Spun worked with his favored barnmate Very Lucky, as mentioned.

The other Margolis here, Madris, worked with winning barnmate Miz Ida in his most recent drill.
    edited February 2012
    Agent Di Nozzo ran third @ 14/1. Paid more to show than the winner paid to win....thanks for the heads-up
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited February 2012
    safely spun didnt run a step for some reason.