Santa Anita Pick-6

dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I haven't finalized anything, but I like a 30-1 in the last leg.

Honeycomb 30-1 Has been working in company with Industry Leader (who was beaten a whisker in a very tough allowance yesterday), and Industry leader would be 1/9 versus these.

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I'd gladly give my ticket away to be alive into the final leg! I'm thinking 3 mill or close. I set a limit of $300.00 and it is not near enough! Got to play though, could be one of those life changing chances!
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Here's Brad Free's comments. As usual, he gives out the favorite in every leg, and inevitably when we read his article about hitting the pick-6 it will have a bunch of prices.

Race 4 is a sprint for California-bred maidens; Bob Baffert-trained comebacker Red Tesla is the 9-5 favorite. Mary Helen’s Storm adds blinkers after two slow starts, and is the 5-2 second choice. Enduring Promise, 3-1, is the speed of the field.

Race 5 is an allowance sprint in which Capital Account is favored; front-runner Courtside is 5-2 and likely to set the pace.

Race 6 is a $40,000 maiden-claiming sprint for California-bred 3-year-old fillies; comebacker Warren’s Mo Money is the 5-2 favorite. First-time starter Sweet Nectar merits respect as the 7-2 third choice.

Race 7 is a starter allowance sprint in which Flower Power is listed as the 5-2 favorite; class-drop comebacker Baby Blake, 5-1, drew the rail but fits first start since December.

Race 8 is the Joe Hernandez in which Mr Gruff is favored.

Race 9 is a $20,000 maiden-claiming sprint; clunk-along closer I Feel Free is the 7-2 favorite in a race pick six bettors will need to spread.
    edited March 2012
    From National Turf:

IRON JOE T Feb 16 HOL 5 :59.2H M FT B
    Held sway late over multiple winner Graeme Crackerjack reaching some in 34.4, 59.2. Is moving forward.---Grade: B

He's 10-1 in the first leg, and gets the go-to jock (57%). Oh, and he's named after the Owner/Breeder. My theory is if somebody BREEDS a horse and names it after themselves it's probably a decent horse. If somebody BUYS a horse and names it after themselves they just have a monster ego (and struggle to get pussy without paying)
    edited March 2012
    Here's what I came up with.

* Santa Anita Race 4
    * Mar 4, 2012

* Pick 6 2,3,5/2/3,5,7/1,3-6,8/2,3/3,9

216 bets
    * $432

Not final yet, but that's a Single of Capital Account and a 30-1 and 12-1 in the finale. Any thoughts here?
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    R5 #4 ITALIAN RULES ML 4-1 shows an overlay to me down to the 6/5 range.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    over budget
    so what!

3-4-5
    2-4
    2-3-5-7
    3-6-8
    3-4-9