Fed Biz tied up and will miss

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
the race this weekend, I hope Baffert sends him down to the Big Easy for the La. Derby. Most probably will go to Hot Springs for the Rebel. The Rebel is going to be one hell of a race.

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    That sucks.
    edited March 2012
    Fed Biz, an impressive allowance race winner, will miss the $300,000 San Felipe Stakes at Santa Anita on Saturday, trainer Bob Baffert said Wednesday.

“I had a little setback with him, not bad, though,” Baffert said. “It’s nothing serious.

“I don’t know if he got cast or what. He tied up a little on me.”

Baffert said that he will run Liaison, the winner of the Grade 1 CashCall Futurity in December, and Bodemeister, who received a 101 Beyer Speed Figure for his maiden victory last month, in the San Felipe.

The Grade 2 San Felipe is a key prep to the $750,000 Santa Anita Derby on April 7.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Just heard he wont' make the Rebel. Where does he appear??? Send him to the Big Easy for the La. Derby!!!!
    edited March 2012
    Looks like Santa Anita Derby or Wood for Fed Biz, no big easy (Bummer)!!!!!
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Baffert said that he will run.........Bodemeister, who received a 101 Beyer Speed Figure for his maiden victory last month, in the San Felipe.

Tough spot for Bodemeister with American Act drawn to his immediate outside. Pace figures to be pretty hot; especially with Midnight Transfer and Creative Cause pushing the other two. Will have some interest in Blingo here, at what should be an excellent price. Looks like the toughest of all the Derby preps so far.
    edited March 2012
    Agree. I just don't want to be swayed by that fucking article about Blingo's "focus"
    edited March 2012
    What's ridiculous about Blingo is that he was droppred to 50/1 for the Derby after running 5th (or 6th?) in the Hollywood Futurity as a 2yo, and has now been dropped down to 40/1 despite the fact he hasn't made a single start all year.
    edited March 2012
    Two things someone must of made a wager on him, and a bad one at that. He has no graded earnings and is in a tough spot to make the Derby coming off the bench so late for a erratic colt.
    edited March 2012
    I like the horse (though not for the Derby), and am anxious to see him run tomorrow. I think he'll definitely be better off if American Act stays in the race though, and obviously the Santa Anita surface isn't ideal for a deep closer. Like the article said though, i don't think he's short on talent. And Shirreffs does okay with layoff horses. He's also pretty conservative, so i would imagine he's in the San Felipe for a reason.

PS - I also fopund it somewhat telling that Shirreffs mentioned him in the same breath with Mr. Commons, who just happens to be the stable star at the moment. Obviously this one is highly-regarded.