Oak Tree @ Santa Anita - Saturday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited October 2007 in Horse Racing Forum
Race 1

#2 Orientate Slew (8/5 ml)

I backed this colt last time, and i still like him. Ran quite well on the stretchout, and should improve in his second start around two turns. Looks very strong. I'm concerned about the price, however. Feel free to pass this one if he's even-money or less.

Race 3

#9 Familiar Stranger (8/1 ml)

Mullins firster has looked good in the mornings, and attracts Talamo. Should outrun his odds.

Race 4

#6 Frisk Her (15/1 ml)

This is an incredibly tough race, but this filly has been training exceptionally well and appears to have the right running style. Selvatica and Downthedustyroad will be burning it up early, and may set it up for an off-the-pace type. Frankly, that scenario favors #1 Theverythoughtofu (3/1 ml), who i could post here just as easily (and perhaps should have). The difference in odds is gonna be huge though, and i'm expecting a very good run out of Frisk Her. I would absolutely box these two in an exacta, and perhaps even bet them both to win (odds should allow that).

Race 7

#3 Liberian Freighter (6/1 ml)

Drysdale firster has looked strong in the mornings vs. some fine training partners. Should run well.

HRT record:

37 for 130 (28%)

$324.70 ($8.78 avg)

Comments

• daviddavid Banned
    edited October 2007
    thanks,please give us the name of your new site so we can take a look at it,good luck with it,i hope its up for next week
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited October 2007
    Orientate Slew went off @ 3/5 and ran 3rd.

Familiar Stranger went off @ 8/1 and ran third.

Frisk Her was scratched and did not run. (Note: Theverythoughtofu wins @ $6.00. She was clearly my play after the scratch, but since she wasn't my "official" selection, i won't count it in my record)

Liberian Freighter wins @ $10.00