I could be chasing a dead piece

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
But really liked Freedom Writer last time but the track came up wet so I passed.
He returns today back in a sprint and will be way way back early but willing to give him one shot at this level.
The Fair Grounds shipper is the fly in the ointment so I'll make that box and bet Freedom Writer across the board. And boy am I overdue for a winner.
He'd also make a beautiful beginning to the early pick 4.

Comments

• jenroypajenroypa Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    fwiw- both Serling and Donovan picked him on top...
  • FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    No way
    edited March 2012
    I am absolutely shocked at that.
    I happen to think Eric Donovan has a good opinion.
    I just can't get past Andy's obnoxious attitude and he focuses on variables that I find irrelevant. Mainly speed figures.
    They don't take into account trip or bias if any and they are constantly adjusting them.
    Classic case. A couple of years ago at Saratoga, Mr Sam I am earned a 96 beyer in debut which he ran second on an inside speed conveyer belt.
    In this second start, it was the second race and he was 1-5. I bet against him and came alive in the pick 4 but didn't hit it.
    After that race, they adjusted the 96 to an 82 and there was a retraction the size of a postage stamp in the racing form.
    Just my opinion.
    I also hate when they throw out stats like this trainer is 40% off the claim on dirt in the last five years.
    It's really important to know who they were claimed from, were they moving up or dropping. Changing course or distance.
    A blind stat like that is totally meaningless especially at a short price because while 4o% is a great percentage in any aspect of this sport, do you want even money on something that is losing 60% of the time.
    Food for thought.
    edited March 2012
    Looked closer.. Donovans picks appear to be from a different day as he has a 9 listed in a 8 horse field. Will know more when Talking Horses airs...Good luck today.
    edited March 2012
    Nice Call Ben. Thx.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Farina wrote: »
    But really liked Freedom Writer last time but the track came up wet so I passed.
    He returns today back in a sprint and will be way way back early but willing to give him one shot at this level.
    The Fair Grounds shipper is the fly in the ointment so I'll make that box and bet Freedom Writer across the board. And boy am I overdue for a winner.
    He'd also make a beautiful beginning to the early pick 4.

FArina i jumped aboard hers the result

2 Freedom Writer Carr D $15.20 $6.60 $3.30
    1 Warrior From Above Husbands S P - $3.80 $2.30
    7 Camie's Magic Rodriguez J I - - $2.10
    8 Sgt. Silky Camacho, Jr. S - - -

Scratched: Road to Love (5), Guyana President (6)
    Winning Trainer: David W Appel, Jr. – Owner: FriarCat Racing Stables, Ott, Jeff and Ciarlo, Alfredo
    $1 Trifecta Box Paid $73.75
    $2 Quinella (1-2) Paid $23.20
    $2 Exacta (2-1) Paid $59.00
    $2 Trifecta (2-1-7) Paid $147.50
    $0.10 Superfecta (2-1-7-8) Paid $19.20
    $2 Double (4/2) Paid $78.50
    edited March 2012
    You people are way too kind.
    I've posted loser after loser, catch one winner and all is forgotten.
    Thank you.
    Hope this is the turnaround of a pretty long drought.