new to handy capping

morpheousmorpheous Junior Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
new to horse racing been to woodbine few times over the years picing horses by name or number then found this site been watching and beting 2wp some times bet the farm 5wp lol but have come to realize there is a real art to handycapping john greenhaw,turfman,houdini,disscreetcat,you guys real no your hadycapping i now how to read form always buy daily racing form just dont seem to have a real cents as what i should be looking for to handycapp im sure it takes years of watching ponys to be come good handycaper any tips anybody might have to help me get me on my way to be coming ahafe decent handycaper would b most greatful thxz

cheers!

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Start off small. Keep a virtual stable (or detailed notes). Meet the right people (not a bad start coming here). After a few years, you'll open a form, the race will practically play out in front of your eyes. And never take less than 2-1. Period.
  • HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Start off small. Keep a virtual stable (or detailed notes). Meet the right people (not a bad start coming here). After a few years, you'll open a form, the race will practically play out in front of your eyes. And never take less than 2-1. Period.

Agree watch races,start small,after a period of time decide what type of handicapper you will be.example

A-trip handicapper
    B-Angles
    C-speed figures
    D-pace figures
    Etc.....

Enjoy the game it will humble you quickly,in other words take the good with the bad rides,Dqs,lost photos..Have fun this is a great game.