Third horse dies in connection with HBO's "Luck" series

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Good grief, what's going on here? Sounds like just a freak accident this time, but three horses now? They haven't even completed the first season yet...

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/68061/third-horse-dies-in-connection-with-luck

Comments

• fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    The first season has been done, there are only two shows left for season one. They started on season two a while back.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    This is a positive thing. The story has now been picked up by every RETARDED, MINDLESS gossip website and fake news organization out there. As bad as it seems, it's bound to get many more viewers.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    Still haven't seen the show, btw. No HBO, will wait for the DVD.
    edited March 2012
    I'm hearing that HBO just pulled the plug. Maybe it wasn't so good. FUCK PETA if this is true.
    edited March 2012
    Yeah, it's true. Easy cop out for a show with poor ratings.
    edited March 2012
    They're also probably going to re-edit the last two episodes to give it more closure.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    What a joke our country has become, just cry like a little bitch and everyone fold. This is one of the exact reasons that over 60% of US income was from entitlements in 2011. As one con man used to always say Only in America!!!!!!!!
    edited March 2012
    FB-

It's all about the money and politics in television. I'm involved in the upper end of post-production (right here in good old Hollywood), and almost everyone I've talked to thinks it was a gift-wrapped bailout opportunity for HBO execs. They couldn't say no to Milch, despite the poor ratings, and they went ahead with a second season very early. This gave them the great escape.

I guess what I'm saying is that if three horses died filming the Sopranos, it's business as usual.