Unknown trainer

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Has anyone ever heard of this Fergus Bogle guy in Race 7 @ Gulfstream? Looks like he's only had one starter this year, and none last year. I caught this filly (Saturday Blues) working heads-up with two different horses, but they're both unraced, so no connection to another trainer as far as i can tell. Filly is coming off a best-of-41 bullet (plus another bullet from the gate, previously), so rather interesting...

In a related matter (i guess), does anyone know anything about Baffert's assistant? I'm guessing we'll be looking at him for a while. Hopefully horses will be entered under an assistant's name instead of Baffert's.

Comments

• KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Has anyone ever heard of this Fergus Bogle guy in Race 7 @ Gulfstream? Looks like he's only had one starter this year, and none last year. I caught this filly (Saturday Blues) working heads-up with two different horses, but they're both unraced, so no connection to another trainer as far as i can tell. Filly is coming off a best-of-41 bullet (plus another bullet from the gate, previously), so rather interesting...

In a related matter (i guess), does anyone know anything about Baffert's assistant? I'm guessing we'll be looking at him for a while. Hopefully horses will be entered under an assistant's name instead of Baffert's.

Nah, never heard of him, and that motivated me do some research on him ( Fergus Bogle )
    for what i see he came into the HR scene in 2009, and haven't race a horse since, i'm not sure about the lay off.
    well i wish him luck today and hopefully he'll be around longer now :peace:
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012

Fergus Bogle is an old Tommy Proctor assistant trainer. He's been around some decent horses, and used to travel with Snow Top Mountain. From what I can tell he set out in 2009 with a couple horses, and has only won a maiden race since. I also can't find any info on Centaur Racing, the owner, but this horse looks live at the least.
    edited March 2012
    In fact Snow Top Mountain just ran @ Tampa, so maybe he's still with him. The unraced horses could certainly be Proctor horses.
    edited March 2012
    110503_cdworkouts020.aurora_standalone.prod_affiliate.79.jpg

Fergus in the middle. Waiting to gallop a horse...
    edited March 2012
    He ran a 3YO filly, A Time To Love, on Sunday against older and she just ran around in a circle last.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited March 2012
    great info guys, thanks
    edited March 2012
    Ok. I answered your question, now answer mine... Is the mule worth a real bet or just a few bucks?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Fergus' horse is a sct

Racing on turf today at Aqueduct. Contessa has a real sleeper in here who he got from South America via Tampa Bay. Will be double digit price. Post to follow!
    edited March 2012
    Fergus' horse is a sct

Racing on turf today at Aqueduct. Contessa has a real sleeper in here who he got from South America via Tampa Bay. Will be double digit price. Post to follow!

Thanks for the update.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Aqueduct 9th

#7 Sin Codigo, 12-1
    6 yo gelding was a super horse when he was a 3 year old. Undefeated in south America. Got hurt, and came back under new owner just last year and had one dismal performance at Tampa Bay after being off for almost 3 years. Transferred to Contessa and barn says this horse is a handful. Recent works are not eye-catching, by design, and note Junior Alvarado takes the mount for Contessa. May need another race or two, but a wps is a good play and using with the #'s 1 & 9 in exotic plays.

In the 6th---Last time out big loser, #3 Verde Mont, is back and this is a backside play. 4-1 ml and a key over 2/5/10 is my exotic wager.

In the 3rd---Irad on #6 and key 6 over 3/4/7

In the 4th at Gulfstream, if a tri box 2---3---6 does not hit I would be shocked.
    edited March 2012
    Interesting, thanks.
  • mikehawk80mikehawk80 Member
    edited March 2012
    Great call in the 3rd at aqueduct. Got me that one. Thanks
  • haveseenitallhaveseenitall Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    Tough trip , and not the best of rides . Next time on Sin Condigo
  • morpheousmorpheous Junior Member
    edited March 2012
    i love this site great stuff fellas just wondering how to i find the great info you guys all find so i can post some usful stuff to thxz
    edited April 2012
    Saturday Blues is entered back today @ Gulfstream.
    edited April 2012
    Saturday Blues is entered back today @ Gulfstream.

Scratched again.