Big A 3/30

FarinaFarina Senior Member
edited March 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Friday 3/30

Race 1- 1) Pin Number was a complete bust in first off the claim and now plummets. Pass.
2) More Than a Reason ran very well in last and now drops. Tons of back class and may be returning to form. Great claim, tough bet.
3) Metaurus steps up off the claim and always runs his race. Demand a square price though.
4) Raynick's Jet is very ambitiously placed by barn that just doesn't learn any lessons about spotting their animals.
5) Fulton Street has had one excuse after another. Drops seeking winning level and while having physical ailments, goes for barn that doesn't race damaged goods and with a clean trip,
this is the right one.
6) Have You Ever has good speed but stops on her own and hard to guage which one is going to show up.
7) Tazered is another with good speed but will fold if on receiving end of any pressure and that looks like the right forecast.

Contenders: 5

Race 3- 1) Blushing Martha hung like a chandelier in last but makes third start off the layoff and should work out a good trip from the rail.
2) Hard Mystery is an interesting turn back who will have to come from behind but should have the bottom.
3) T J's Stormy showed speed in both starts but races look better than they are. Goes first time for Valente/Levine combo but even money on the line is absurd. Thank you Andy Beyer.
4) McCarren Park has never run a bad one and figures prominent at every call.
5) Get Er Up has turned out to be a nice filly for Dale Romans and should get a perfect stalking trip.

Contenders: ALL

Race 4- 2) Really Bullish is fresh, fit, and in for a tag for the first time.
3) Brilliant Autumn is one I'll be rooting for as McLaughlin gives Jackie Davis a good mount. Rarely if ever is she on a favorite and certainly deserves better mounts.
4) Tessa B is up in class out of jail and working well for this.
5) Concept goes for horrible owner/trainer. Tossing off mediocre at best lines.

Contenders: 2,3,4

Race 5- 1) Princess Reyana looks like she's dropping in class but after observing other lines, she's a dead rock closer and over her head in any race not a state bred claimer.
2) Sammzilla has lots of spaces between races but has some ability and should work out a decent trip with then inside draw.
3) Lender's Way will remain in this class for a long time but earns checks making her a nice filly to own.
4) Blue Sixty Four is by far the most ridiculous horse racing today up till now. Need Terrox in to relieve her.
5) Easy Ending turns back fresh with the ability to win from on or off the pace. An underlay nonetheless.
6) My Jopia returns from layoff but has only three works to her credit after 4 months on the shelf. Think the turf will be this one's game but still has a shot today.
7) Auric Girl ran out of racetrack and appeared to be flying late. Was an optical illusion as heat just fell apart. Overbet today.
8) Gambling Geraldine had excuse in second start for Levine after racing well in first but always a red flag when Pletcher drops one in for a tag. Hate Repole and probable short price but with prejudice out the window, she certainly has a shot.

Contenders:2,5,6,8

Race 6- 1) Mandated Bliss ships in from California with a trainer change to Bruce Levine. Has beautiful lines and list was a wide toss.
Big big shot today.
2) Vee's Accolade is a stone closer who will need a lot of help up front to have a chance.
3) One Fast Bullet is ultra consistent with a barn thats going well. Not using.
4) Percussion took a long time to break his maiden and will be a longer time in this class before he wins another.
5) Premium Wine is up in class out of jail for perfect barn to return him to previous form.
6) Cat in The Forest has good lines but hideous trainer and hate this one as the favorite.
7) Obviously Tuesday takes next logical step out of the comfortablitly of state bred competition. Draws wide but may still be able to clear and ultra danger if he does.

Contenders: 1,5,7

Race 7- 1) Flatout Royal tries turf as last ditch effort for this one to earn money as a racehorse. Without me.
Race 2- 2) Cat Sweep will have lots of people brushing dandruff from their collars after scratching their heads trying to figure out why this horse is in here.
3) Alvito is a slow log with no late kick. Exactly the type of horse David Jacobson deserves. Next.
4) Raffie's Choice is 0 for 13 on turf. Next.
5) Living Right returns fresh for JP and has run well on firm turf in the past. Right spot today.
6) Patent Pending Tom is probably the most depressed animal on the grounds.
7) Captain Canuck returns from long layoff for new barn. Will watch one.
8) Atitlan has good turf form and also been racing well on dirt. Big shot in bad field.
9) Fu Peg's Baby is completely ridiculous.
10) Classic R And B makes turf debut packing good early speed. Look for Chuckie to pop these and go as far as he can.
Not including the AE's. Will update if necessary.

Contenders: 5,8

Race 8- 1) True Feelings ran well at Gulfstream in return and draws well here but needs help up front.
2) Double The Energy is clearly the inside speed but lacks lasting power and is in tough.
3) Marvelous Margaret is also in tough turning back.
4) Born Bullish returns from long layoff but comes back with positive worktab. Maybe.
5) Select Cat adds more speed to the mix making True Feelings more and more attractive.
6) More Than Minted is a bay martian who won her only start on fast dirt. Obviously has issues and draws poorly with lots of speed inside her. Watching.
7) Ode To Sami should get a great trip and first run at the speed. Has talent and I think her morning line is a mistake.
8) Union Victory adds more speed to the cavalry and looking for her to ;press wide and fade so we can pound her at Belmont.
9) Sacred Success did someone say speed?? Has done nothing wrong in three lifetime starts but gets true acid test today.

Contenders: 1,7

Race 9- 1) Silver Skates would probably do better on skates than this.
2) Ambit is just so horrible.
3) Carolina Chant tries turf after two ok effort against weak fields on dirt.
4) Seawalker is back on grass for barn that excels at just that. Lone turf start was poor but against better in terrible barn. Live longshot.
5) Quartermain gets firm footing for the first time but lacks conditionins and will watch this one with the intention of betting him back in the right spot.
6) Matt and Jesse also tries turf for the first time. I just really have a problem with barns that don't protect if they think they have a turf horse.
7) Win For The Zipper makes second start for Bond, James Bond. All three turf races were good and meets one of the worst maiden 25 claimers ever assembled.
Now or never.
8) Forty Rock is too retard to even give a comment.
9) Pop's Dolly is a filler.
10) Crescent Moon Dr adds to comedy of this group.
Adios Narvo is a use if in despite Jacobson.

Contenders: 5,7 with the seven being a humongous press.

ace 80

Comments

• FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Making a good wps bet on Fulton Street in the first.
    Then playing the late pick 4: 1,5,7/8,10,12/1,7/7

That's a $9 play for 50 cents
    that needs some damage to not get this home.
  • FarinaFarina Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    I lost a two way shake with Bruce Levine for More Than A Reason. Unreal.
    This race I'm betting Blushing Martha to win, a cold dd 1/2 and pick 3's 1/2/2,5,6,8 pressing the 2 and 5.
    the late pick 4 for me is 1,5,7/8,10,12/1,7/7 and playing the late exacta and triple keying 7, Win For The Zipper on top with the 4 to be there.
    Disappointed we didn't get More Than A Reason but have a good chance for a good profit at the windows.
    Nowplease excuse me while I hide away until tomorrow.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited March 2012
    Farina wrote: »
    Friday 3/30

Race 9- 1) Silver Skates would probably do better on skates than this.
    2) Ambit is just so horrible.
    3) Carolina Chant tries turf after two ok effort against weak fields on dirt.
    4) Seawalker is back on grass for barn that excels at just that. Lone turf start was poor but against better in terrible barn. Live longshot.
    5) Quartermain gets firm footing for the first time but lacks conditionins and will watch this one with the intention of betting him back in the right spot.
    6) Matt and Jesse also tries turf for the first time. I just really have a problem with barns that don't protect if they think they have a turf horse.
    7) Win For The Zipper makes second start for Bond, James Bond. All three turf races were good and meets one of the worst maiden 25 claimers ever assembled.
    Now or never.
    8) Forty Rock is too retard to even give a comment.
    9) Pop's Dolly is a filler.
    10) Crescent Moon Dr adds to comedy of this group.
    Adios Narvo is a use if in despite Jacobson.

Contenders: 5,7 with the seven being a humongous press.

ace 80

I was on Silver Skates pretty big W/P. I've seen Bismark Harpoon, or whoever the trainer is pull this stunt several times in Florida. Skates was hung about 10 wide and was getting towards the winner all the way down the lane, getting up a head for second. Hard to play back big, because like you said, garbage group here.