Keenlands 1st race of Friday-Mr.Layle

HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Talk about angles on 2 year olds.

A field of 8 2 years olds will kick off the Keenland spring meet on Friday,as usual Ward has 2 of the 8 and they will be odds on going into the gate.But my attention will be on Larry Zip It.

First Larry Zip It worked out this morning and zipped 3f in 35.2 BG.Trained by Larry Lay a small sta ble trainer who sends them out ready to roll first time out read the following stats below...

1st Start ( 5 .20 $2.24 ) 2 YO ( 18 .11 $3.63) Sprint (54 .13 $2.00) MSW (18 .06 $3.46 )

Pretty good stats,,, heres the catch on April 27 of 2011 of LAST YEAR Layle send out a first time starter called.............

LARRY ZIP who came from dead last in a 4f race to sweep by a bunch of highly regarded 2 year olds in including a Ward firster who was the favorite at Keenland.

Layle has Larry ZIp it ready to roll at 7/2 im all in.

I Love Keenland my favorite track( i do very well there because of the 7f races)

Enjot the meet and good luck will be back Friday..

Comments

• HoudiniHoudini Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Houdini wrote: »

A field of 8 2 years olds will kick off the Keenland spring meet on Friday,as usual Ward has 2 of the 8 and they will be odds on going into the gate.But my attention will be on Larry Zip It.

First Larry Zip It worked out this morning and zipped 3f in 35.2 BG.Trained by Larry Lay a small sta ble trainer who sends them out ready to roll first time out read the following stats below...

1st Start ( 5 .20 $2.24 ) 2 YO ( 18 .11 $3.63) Sprint (54 .13 $2.00) MSW (18 .06 $3.46 )

Pretty good stats,,, heres the catch on April 27 of 2011 of LAST YEAR Layle send out a first time starter called.............

LARRY ZIP who came from dead last in a 4f race to sweep by a bunch of highly regarded 2 year olds in including a Ward firster who was the favorite at Keenland.

I Love Keenland my favorite track( i do very well there because of the 7f races)

BTW Graham was aboard on April 11 of last year and he will ride Larry Zip It
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Great info.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    There are certain low key Kentucky trainers who plan ahead just for the Keeneland meets. Most do not ship and are coming in with both barrels loaded. Glen Wismer is one to watch. He has nothing on friday, but keep a look-out.

On Friday, Race 7, 3yo fillies going 7f on the main(poly), Neil Howard brings back #5 INGENUE, who had two warm up races at FG since she was ill, then was given time off but continued to keep a very good work-tab. Ready to fire a big race on opening day! Use her with #2 VOLCAT, a Kenny McPeek speedster who is a big time fillie who probably wants to go longer, but has plenty of speed to be a factor. Her last at GP was very good! Also look at Graham Motion's #4 LET"S GET MARRIED, who has been under the radar at Tampa Bay but working like a good one coming into Keeneland. Top connections and John Velezquez takes the mount.
  • rhgrahamrhgraham Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    All good stuff can't wait.
    edited April 2012
    Houdini wrote: »

Also has a first time starter on Saturday whos been working in company with Larry Zip It named # Jody Dream working up a storm i have a feeling hes winning with one of the two horses either Friday or Saturday LAyle will be in the winners circle.Up to me to make the right decision.
  • morpheousmorpheous Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    sounds good im in woodbine starts friday to so if there any thing i can pass along i will thxz
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    I remember Larry Zip from last year. Squeezed thru on the rail and drew away sharply at a big price, if i remember right. Went on the shelf after that race though; must've incurred some type of injury.

Anyway, haven't looked at the race yet, but obviously will be giving it a keen look tomorrow. You mentioned the Ward entry.....here's what drives me crazy about that. The last couple of years, Ward enters two horses per race (in the Keeneland 4.5's), both with the same rider named. I do all the research on both, which is fine, but i never know which one is going to run. One will and one won't. Very frustrating, at least for me as i'm trying to post these races well beforehand. It's even difficult when you're on another trainer's horse (like Larry Zip It, for instance), because you're not exactly sure what you're running against. And the Ward horse always goes favored, that's practically a given.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Just an FYI, Larry Zip It worked heads-up from the gate with Jenna Lee Kuma (unraced) in his latest drill.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Ward says Barisoff is the best 2YO in the barn. She's a filly in versus the boys tomorrow.
    edited April 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    Ward says Barisoff is the best 2YO in the barn. She's a filly in versus the boys tomorrow.

Also entered Saturday.
  • rumplerumple Member
    edited April 2012
    What happened?