Oaklawn Park---Final Furlong!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
The Meet is winding down and we are getting ready for the Racing Festival Of The South!
The infield at OP looks like it does in June, all the trees are past blooming, too bad!

Thursday Race 8
#1 Laynee's Moose, 7/2,
This fillie will jump out of the gate and play catch me if you can. I'm hoping nobody can catch her today. Kenny Smith is high on her chances and thinks she is spotted for a win. No way in hell we will get 7/2, too many folks in the know. 5/2 more realistic.
#1 W/P
tri key 1---2/5/6

Comments

• DuckgawdDuckgawd Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks.... Beautiful winner!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Friday April 6

Race 9 Prima Donna Stakes
    3yo Fillies 6f
    Purse $75,000.00

#7 WHOBETTERTHANUS, 5/2
    This play goes against damn near every angle that serious handicappers employ. Namely, a young horse coming in off only one maiden race and facing winners, in this case some are stakes winners. So why the hell would racing secretary Pat Pope put this fillie out as ml fav? Maybe because her first race was almost 2 months ago and she ran 21:3 44:4 and pulled away under no urging to go 6f in 1:10. Since that race she has lit up the track in the morning and Jon Court has been on for the breezes. This is a tall order, but this daughter of the recently deceased GRANDSLAM is just plain fast, and the 6f distance is perfect for her lack of races. The odds may drift up, but not much, as this speedy fillie is the talk of the backside. Court and Jeff Bonde can't wait for this race and expect her to pull away and win by open lengths. I hope they are right!

#7 W/P
    use as a exotic key over the 1/6/8
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Friday Continued

Race 3
    cheap $10k clm going 1 mile

Most of these will be gasping for air when they turn for home in the short stretch of the mile run. I know speed is king at OP, but I have info from my bug on this one.

#6 ROY L, 5-1
    get this, got claimed from Midwest??? gets in light and will be closer in the final turn and roll late!

Longshot exotic with 6---2/5/7

If this hits it will be big!

Race 8--Best bet
    #6 Whinston
    and key over 1/2/5 in ex & tri