Weekly Contest Picks

jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
A couple of weeks ago I posted on here, bragging about picking close to 50% for about six weeks. Well, in the two weeks since then, I have picked 3 out of 8 and 2 out of 9, for a total of 5 out of 15 wins. I guess picking every third race isn't terrible, but it's not quite like the results I had been experiencing.

This week, I have eight races to pick in my weekly contest. Here are my picks:

Aqueduct
7th: 1-Broadway's Alibi, 3-Millionreasonswhy, 2-Off Limits
8th: 6-Hardened wildcat, 1-Trinneberg, 5-King and Crusader
9th: 1-Alpha, 6-Gemologist, 3-My Adonis
10th: 3-Caleb's Posse, 4-Calibrachoa, 2-Jackson Bend

Hawthorne
9th: 2-Hakama, 5-Pretension, 12-Morgan's Guerrilla

Santa Anita
6th: Creative Cause, Midnight Transfer, Liaison (I have finally given up on Liaison)
8th: Lady of Shamrock, Killer Graces, Charm the Maker
9th: Amazombie, Sway Away, Courtside (I really think Amazombie is a no-brainer here, but can't help wondering what Baffert's Roman Threat is going to do. Wouldn't place a bet at the track)

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited April 2012
    Only 5-out-of-15? That sounds pretty rough...
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    jjohns7777 wrote: »
    A couple of weeks ago I posted on here, bragging about picking close to 50% for about six weeks. Well, in the two weeks since then, I have picked 3 out of 8 and 2 out of 9, for a total of 5 out of 15 wins. I guess picking every third race isn't terrible, but it's not quite like the results I had been experiencing.

This week, I have eight races to pick in my weekly contest. Here are my picks:

Aqueduct
    7th: 1-Broadway's Alibi, 3-Millionreasonswhy, 2-Off Limits
    8th: 6-Hardened wildcat, 1-Trinneberg, 5-King and Crusader
    9th: 1-Alpha, 6-Gemologist, 3-My Adonis
    10th: 3-Caleb's Posse, 4-Calibrachoa, 2-Jackson Bend

Hawthorne
    9th: 2-Hakama, 5-Pretension, 12-Morgan's Guerrilla

Santa Anita
    6th: Creative Cause, Midnight Transfer, Liaison (I have finally given up on Liaison)
    8th: Lady of Shamrock, Killer Graces, Charm the Maker
    9th: Amazombie, Sway Away, Courtside (I really think Amazombie is a no-brainer here, but can't help wondering what Baffert's Roman Threat is going to do. Wouldn't place a bet at the track)

Here's the thing - 3 of 8 and 2 of 9 is more like 5 of 17. That's good, but not a third.

Like Charm the Maker, Amazombie, and Paynter (Lenny's Wunderhorse) as a lonshot.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    And actually, you're making 3 selections per race, so it's like 5 for 51. Not being a hater, just sayin'.
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Only 5-out-of-15? That sounds pretty rough...

Oops. My math was wrong, wasn't it? 5 out of 17. Even worse than 5 out of 15.
    edited April 2012
    dirtyshirt wrote: »
    And actually, you're making 3 selections per race, so it's like 5 for 51. Not being a hater, just sayin'.

Actually I only make one choice per race for the contest, but when I handicap a race, I pick 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place. Only the horse I expect for 1st place counts for the purpose of this post. Still, I'm not really happy with 5 of 17.
  • moezeppemoezeppe Junior Member
    edited April 2012
    Great handicapping picks
    Made a little$$$ with your picks
    Keep up the good work!!
    edited April 2012
    moezeppe wrote: »
    Great handicapping picks
    Made a little$$$ with your picks
    Keep up the good work!!

That's great. Glad to hear it!