Wise Dan

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Just set the track record @ Keeneland in the best performance you will see in a long time. If you have race replays go to race 8. He is not likely to hold this form, but he drew off to win by open lengths against a pretty good bunch of older handicap horses. He is a super sized chestnut with the ability to run all day. Really something!

Comments

• KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Just set the track record @ Keeneland in the best performance you will see in a long time. If you have race replays go to race 8. He is not likely to hold this form, but he drew off to win by open lengths against a pretty good bunch of older handicap horses. He is a super sized chestnut with the ability to run all day. Really something!

wow very impressive, Wise Dan crush the field by a margin of 10.5L... :cool2:

thanks JG...
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Was watching it, just think how far he would of won by if Jr would of let him run on a loose rein. The Met Mile is shaping up to be a great race this year.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    I was thinking the exact same thing! From about the first turn until around the 5/16 pole, Johnny had his feet in the dash and Wise Dan had the bit down his throat and his mouth wide open. When Johnny finally couldn't hold him back any longer, he then relaxed and just took off. I was watching the post race interview with trainer Charlie Lopresti and he was absolutely speechless. I would think he will have a race at CD in the next few weeks, maybe the Clark, and then the Met Mile, not sure about the dates right now. Don't know what caused his his layoff, but safe to say he's over it!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Not the Clark, which he won last December, meant to say the Stephen Foster, which I think is sometime in mid-June. I'm just not sure that they can keep him off the racetrack for another 7 weeks? His works leading up to today's race were impressive but in no way signaled this kind of effort. Not to often these days that we have a horse who can win going a mile, or a mile and an eighth.
  • SirBearSirBear Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    This horse has really blossomed since they started racing him around two turns.
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    WD ran117 beyer.