Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
edited April 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
John have you head anything from Husker? Hoping he is ok

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Not a word.
    I'm concerned too!
    FB and I sent out word to him the last few weeks and have heard nothing. Last time I heard from him was over two weeks ago. Maybe we should contact Alexis Richard or some of the others on his list and see what has happened?
    edited April 2012
    I sent out an e-mail to some of the folks on his list. Hope we hear all is well and he is in the South of France or something other than bad news.

My fillie runs today at Pimlico, race 8. #2 GLACKETY, has been off-form her last few, but had a good excuse. Namely, she keeps cycling into season. Last on turf was a throw-out as she squirted all over Chris during saddling. She lands in a small and weak field today and ml is 6-1 based on her latest form. Chris had her entered after last in a $7,500 clm but sct her out in favor of this spot. We still think she will bring around $25k in the fall brood-mare sale, we hope, and we would have left alot of money on the table had she gone in the cheap clm race. Today we go witha young bug named Alexis Bastista, and get 5lbs on some of the others. Hopefully he can get her to show some speed out of the gate so she does not leave herself too much to do late. Her biggest problem her whole career has been walking out of the gate and not deciding to be a race horse until about the 5/16 pole. We sure need a bigger purse distribution than what she has been getting!
  • dodgers45dodgers45 Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    If you looking for bigger purse money why you running her at Pimlico ??? You are better off at Charles Town for purse moneys. I gave up on Maryland raceing a few years back. Hell i would bet Penn national before betting on Maryland racing.
    edited April 2012
    Hell, we're not looking for bigger purses, we're just looking for a bigger share of the purse. Today's a starter allowance with a $26k purse, about the same as CT or Penn Natl. Grove utilizes several tracks, including the ones you mentioned as well as Parx and others when he sees a condition that fits. Agree that Maryland Jockey Club is not offering much in the way of purse money, but neither is anyone else, except NYRA, when you are running clm or starter allowance. It would be nice if this fillie could run in NY, especially since she is a NY bred and they are paying $70k purse now for condition races, but you have to put them where they can win, and poor old Glackety is not cut-out to be competitive at the NYRA circuit. Wish to hell she were!
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited April 2012
    Thanks John. Hate seeing someone just drop off the map. too many times means not the best of news.
    edited April 2012
    I talked to mrs Richard yesterday and she has not heard from Husker either. Just not like him. I know he would be involved in the NFL draft the last few days, but that usually does not keep him from posting horses. I'm going to try and contact the Houston Texans office and see what I can find out.