Happy Derby Day To All!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
It's finally here. Talk about a long week, and a really long day yesterday. Today, I'm not going back to CD--going to Keeneland where I can see and do a little more capping and playing. Hard to get down yesterday, long lines and that takes all the fun out of it when you are jammed up about getting shut-out.

As far as the Derby goes, I'm going with FB's info and using 4 horses in my plays. TCI, Dullahan, DNB, and Alpha. I find that I keep coming back to alpha. I was with a local KY guy yesterday who just happens to own Soldat. He tells me that Kieran thinks he is primed and he likes the fact that Alpha is on the small side and can show a real quick turn of hoof on a dime, so if he gets checked, and most will at some point in the race, Alpha can turn it right back on, whereas some of the bigger horses will take a while to find their best stride again, if they can at all? His closing on Gemologist in the Wood was good, and he has only gotten better since that effort.

All of my pick plays today center around #3 Marketing Mix winning the Distaff Turf mile, race 8, and either #6 Groupie Doll or #7 Switch in the Humana Distaff race 9. I am spread out pretty good in the other races. No way in hell I was going to single Amazombie in the 7th, Shackleford and Smiling Tiger are both major players in that race.

Good Luck To All!!!

Comments

• MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Love it Go Alpha!!!!! Good luck