new guys take on the derby

unomas20unomas20 Junior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
First time posting. I've been breaking down the Derby field for.the last few days and I.figure I would share what I got out of it.

#1#1 ... Impressive in the uae but that was synthetic and horse has run a lot of turf over in Europe. Use in back end of exotics as the horses gallop after uae showed me the horse can run the distance

#2 ... Over matched and even though a closer he won't be close enough to factor

#3 ... Borel is dangerous but I don't think this colt is talented enough to win even if he makes the right run here ... Maybe back end of exotics only because borel

#4 ... Extremely talented and if he can out it together will win today ... Big time contender one of 2 horses with a chance to win

#5 ... Hasn't showed much on dirt in my opinion and will be too far back to win but may grab 4 th like breeders cup juvenile but don't really see it although horse is very steerable and if a hole is there he can find it

#6 ... The ML fav with huge romp in Arkansas ... I'll use him on back end of.exotics maybe. With such a fast pace and the added weight I.don't think thus.horse hits the board. Will add 8lbs from Arkansas and anytime he has raced somewhere other then on the rail he loses that burst and doesn't win ... Maybe back end of superfecta but not using him

#7 ... No chance

#8 ... Tough horse but.keep hearing about foot problems

#9 ... Won't get distance

#10 ... Wouldn't be shocked if he won ... Will use is exotics ... Sit off pace and make a run and likes dirt

#11 ... Longshot pick ... Has run against the best and has a shot at factoring in exotics ... Injury seems to be done and is a live horse

#12 ... See nothing

#13 ... Not animal kingdom

#14 ... Hansen will be there but I wonder if this horse can grind out this distance and pace ... Back end of exotics

#15 ... My favorite ... Can go distance and something about this horse makes me think he can stalk and won't lose a battle

#16 ... Terrible

#17 ... No interest

#18 ... Has potential if you look at race at delta downs ... May have been hurt after rqce but finally healthy

#19 ... Too far out

#20 ... No chance

My card

4,15 with 4,15,10,11 with 1,3,4,5,6,10,11,14,15,18

Best of luck and thoughts and comments welcome

Comments