got home--western union welcomed!

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Not the best of Derby Day selections. If anyone who did not play Alpha can wire me some money it would be most appreciated! Did you all see that the contest money winner who got to place a $100K bet put it on Alpha. Dumb SOB!

Went to a farm last night and ZZ Top was playing. New tour coming up and warm up for Assman and friends. Pretty good, what I can remember?

Bodiemeister ran too good to lose. Saw where all horses who ran his fractions finished 19th or worse in last few years. Unbelievable!

Got a lotta nice women there, ---huh!!! La Grange!!!

Comments

• shh10shh10 Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Hah! I would if I could JG. If I was anywhere in the black from yesterday I'd be happy to share (at least pay for a pint to toast a great lead-up to this years Derby, Bodemeister's run, and I'll Have Another's win).

I think W2W took all my undercard money and Flyin what I had left in the Derby. Great call early on this horse btw Flyin, wish I would have listened for even a meager wager on my end. Congrats to you and all who had him on their futures too. Just when I think I take a step forward in this game I find myself two back . . . but I love it, will learn and will keep at it.

Since my wife "gave" me the chance to spend the day watching the Derby yesterday, I spent the better part of the morning at the local nursery with her and our 2yo. Left with two trees, several dozen plants/shrubs, and a more bruised ego from all her "Daddy Nose Best" comments. Her final dig was when we paid, she looked at me (a bit wryly I must say) and asked if we'd could in cash - knowing full well how yesterday went for me. I just smirked and handed her my cc . . .
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Yeah Alpha got the best of me also yesterday. Think he comes back in the Belmont?