Albarado suspended??

okjac12okjac12 Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Has Albarado been suspended and taken off all mounts?:thumbdown:

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I thought i saw a headline to that effect. Not 100% sure though.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Churchill Downs Stewards suspended him immediately following news of his arrest. He appears next on May 16 before Kentucky Horse Racing Commission License Review Committee. I would expect some harsh penalties to be laid down, considering this is his second offense with women in the last year. The first one, his wife, and their divorce is set for later on this summer. His arraignment date on these new charges, 4th degree assault, separated shoulder and bruises on legs, arms, and shoulder, is set for May 8.
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    He has major issues in beating a women like that, he is either a drug addict or an alcoholic. He has major issues with jealousy as well. This guy needs to take a step back and get some help in a big way. One hell of a rider, his family needs to intervene in a big way. Man needs major guidance at this time of his career.
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I'm not ready to judge. I heard she was a cheating whore. Hell, for all we know she capitalized on his prior and tossed herself around. Besides, the guy made 118 pounds anyways, right?
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Albarado and his Jockey Guild mouthpiece appeared yesterday before the Racing Commission and refused to answer any inquiries into the pending criminal charges. Consequently, without any information to go on, the Commission tabled any further action until subsequent to the criminal charges being fully resolved, which should be in about two months. Thus, he will remain suspended until that time.
  • thedownsthedowns Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    LEXINGTON, KY. — A committee of the Kentucky Horse Racing Commission on Wednesday denied a request by jockey Robby Albarado to lift his suspension so he could ride while awaiting trial on a charge that he abused his girlfriend.

The commission’s License Review Committee deferred ruling on Albarado’s license until the resolution of his criminal case, which is set for trial July 18.

Albarado’s attorney, Mindy Coleman, said during the hearing that Albarado wanted to address committee members about his suspension but not the allegations in the criminal case.

Committee chairman Burr Travis said discussing the suspension would require discussing the details of the criminal case. Travis, who is a defense attorney, suggested Albarado ask for a continuance until the criminal proceedings are done.

Albarado at one point attempted to testify, saying: “I can only say the truth here today. ... It can only set me free here.”

Churchill Downs stewards ordered Albarado to appear before the committee when they suspended him following his arrest on Kentucky Oaks Day. He is accused of assaulting a woman during an argument over their relationship. He has pleaded not guilty to a domestic violence charge in Jefferson District Court.

At Wednesday’s hearing, Coleman said it’s unfair to make Albarado go months without being able to ride and earn money, “considering he hasn’t even been found guilty.”

“We truly believe that once the case is heard by a jury trial that he is going to be exonerated of these charges,” she said.

Last year Albarado was charged with assaulting his wife, Kimber Albarado, but that charge and another charge of wanton endangerment were dismissed and he pleaded guilty to interfering with a witness.

Coleman said Albarado’s finances are tied up in his divorce proceedings and that he is the “sole bread winner” for his wife and three children. She said he couldn’t provide for them unless his suspension is lifted. She also said he had met with a Churchill Downs counselor, who also spoke to the committee.

But committee member Ned Bonnie, an attorney, said, “That falls on deaf ears with me. I know Mr. Albarado’s net worth.”

The criminal case involves a woman who said she had been living with Albarado for a year, according to court records. She said they wrestled over a phone during an argument about their relationship
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    “That falls on deaf ears with me. I know Mr. Albarado’s net worth.”

You know?