Baseball play for Tuesday

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Rangers (Lewis) -1.5 runs, -115 vs. Royals (Mazzaro)

I very rarely lay -1.5 runs on a baseball game, but this is an exception. Royals starter Vin Mazzaro got absolutely torched in a brief major league stint last year, before getting sent back down to the minors where he belonged (he was only called up due to an injury to Bruce Chen). In fact, he gave up a staggering 14 runs during a single relief appearance vs. the Indians. He later got bombed by the Blue Jays. Doubtful much has changed since last year, as he failed to make the Royals roster this spring, and since then has posted a 4.37 era and 1.31 whip in 6 minor league starts. He just got called up to start Tuesday's game for the Royals, facing the red-hot Ranger offense in Arlington.

Fully expect the Rangers to score a lot runs today, so laying the -1.5 runs doesn't particularly bother me in this case (and it's not often i can say that). Love the hometown sluggers in this spot.

PS - I can also see taking the Over, which is 10. Feel better about the side though, just in case the game lands 8-0 Texas or something similar.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Guess i should've bet the Over after all. Mazzaro was bad (though not as bad as i expected him to be), and Colby Lewis was worse. Ranger bats just didn't show up, unfortunately.

Will continue to bet against Mazzaro going forward. He'll likely start against Arizona on Sunday.
  • TrotmanTrotman Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    DC, interleague play starts tomorrow for 3 days
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    I know, that's why the Royals are playing Arizona.