El Padrino sent to Farm

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited December 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Came to the Derby after working in mud at PMM and was stiff. Broke last in the Derby and ran on to pass tired horses. Came back lame and has been sent over to Winstar for secret rest. Word is he will be pointed to fall racing. No secret here, El Padrino will be sent to surgery and try to fix whatever the problem is.

This is the kind of CRAP that drives me crazy. Namely, when a horse has a physical problem, let it be known what the problem is. If the powers that be want to do something for the bettors, then IMO these type of injuries should be made public, not keep it secret. It would be nice if the trainers were required to make this info known, and DRF and Bris make a notation in the PP. What do you all think?

Comments

• dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    It can't happen because of the claiming game John.

Let's say this is a lesser horse (the rules have to be uniform), and he hits the shelf after a poor effort versus stakes company. He returns a year later as a 4yo with a 40k tag - now if it was MARKED IN THE FORM AS A BOWED TENDON, I would stay away. If it was a broken bone, I would dive right in and pick him up
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited December 2012
    Came to the Derby after working in mud at PMM and was stiff. Broke last in the Derby and ran on to pass tired horses. Came back lame and has been sent over to Winstar for secret rest. Word is he will be pointed to fall racing. No secret here, El Padrino will be sent to surgery and try to fix whatever the problem is.

This is the kind of CRAP that drives me crazy. Namely, when a horse has a physical problem, let it be known what the problem is. If the powers that be want to do something for the bettors, then IMO these type of injuries should be made public, not keep it secret. It would be nice if the trainers were required to make this info known, and DRF and Bris make a notation in the PP. What do you all think?

He returned today and ran decent versus a really bad group. His trip wasn't exactly ideal and the pace was too slow, but he should have got it done IMO. I'm thinking he was fairly well meant. I'll never understand the people who take $2.10 to place, when the show pool is calling your name (at least this one was a shade closer to $2.20)