Pimlico Special Stakes

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Little Donnie sent out Alternation this morning on the sloppy Pimlico track and he zipped 4f in a snappy 48 3/5. All systems on go for this in form hdc winner. In his last in the Oaklawn Park Handicap going 1 1/8, he lead every call and easily disposed of the likes of Yawanna Twist, Nehro, and Hymn Book. 3 he will face again on Friday on the cut-back to 1 1/16. Luis Q. says he has never been better and the Von Hemel clan and Pin Oak Stud folks are expecting a dominant performance and a front running win. Will be a big play for me and a single on the late pick 4. Little Donnie thinks he is better now than Caleb's Posse, but you have to compare apples to apples. CP is a one run sprinter while Alternation is a distance runner who can really go! I have no idea what the morning line will be? Probably 7/2 or so?

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    Man, when I screw up I really do screw up.

The Pimlico Special Stakes is run at a distance of 1 3/16, same distance as the Preakness Stakes.
    This might change my thoughts on the race, yet the added distance may work in Alternations favor as there is little early speed in here and he may just go out and set his own fractions. However, Alternation does not have to be on the lead as he has shown an ability to rate behind speed horses and come wide into the turn and pull off to win by widening margins. And, he has done this style of running more than he has won on the front. Either way, this well bred Distorted Humor/Seattle Slew is in the best form of any and the connections are confident.
  • drbillymdrbillym Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Jazzy Idea-Alternation
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    john i love endorsement in the pimlico special. i think he is finally where he was when he was a 3yo..got 4 races under his belt and i think he will sit the best trip..8-1 ml....will have a nice size win bet and db with him and iha..