More baseball stuff

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited July 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Not necessarily a Wednesday play here (though i am betting it), but more just something for you guys to watch throughout the rest of the year (or however long it lasts).

It came to my attention a couple of weeks ago mdue to a friend of mine that lives in Colorado (and is a fantasy baseball expert) that it's been warmer in Colorado than normal for this time of year, and in a probably-related matter, they were averaging 12.6 runs per game in Coors Field. I started betting the over during the last several games of their most recent homestand, as the totals have been listed in the 8.5-10.5 range (8.5 when Kershaw was starting), and they continued pile on the runs. They're now averaging about 13 runs per game up there.

The Rockies just concluded their week-long road trip, and are back at Coors starting on Wednesday. And again, the total is listed @ 10.5 (with Jamie Moyer on the mound, of all people). So what i'm doing is just betting the Over in every Coors Field game until the linemakers catch up, or until the scoring lets up (which may have no end in sight...summer is just now arriving). You guys are welcome to follow along, or just observe the games for entertainment's sake. Seems like a great angle until proven otherwise.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Double-header @ Coors Field today, with both games going over... :toast:
    edited May 2012
    18 more runs scored @ Coors Field yesterday. Loving this angle so far, especially this week, as all three games vs. Houston have flown over the total.

On the over (9.5) again today obviously, but it's worth mentioning that Tulowitzki pulled his groin last night and will certainly be out today. Also, the Dodgers arrive for a 3-game series starting tomorrow, and of course they lost Matt Kemp last night as well.
    edited May 2012
    On the over (9.5) again today obviously, but it's worth mentioning that Tulowitzki pulled his groin last night and will certainly be out today. Also, the Dodgers arrive for a 3-game series starting tomorrow, and of course they lost Matt Kemp last night as well.

The game has already gone over after 2 innings! :toast:
    edited June 2012
    Another over @ Coors Field on Friday, as the Rockies won 13-3.

Every game in Colorado this week (all 5 of them) has gone over the total, and none of them have been particularly close. Have you guys been following this at all???

Today's total is 10.5, wish me luck...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Yes, Your colorado friend has a red hot angle going right now.
  • FLYBYNIGHTFLYBYNIGHT Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Cat....I have been riding this wave as well, thanks for pointing it out!
    edited June 2012
    FLYBYNIGHT wrote: »
    Cat....I have been riding this wave as well, thanks for pointing it out!

Glad to hear it! :yes:
    edited June 2012
    The game went under today, as the Rockies lost 6-2.

One more game tomorrow before the Rockies head out on the road, but then they return to Coors Field during the latter half of next week.
    edited July 2012
    Updating this thread. The Rockies are finishing up a 7-game homestand today, and aside from the Monday game that went under, every game this week has gone over. This with Tulowitzki still on the DL witha groin injury, btw.

Unfortunately, i think the linemakers are finally starting to catch on, as the totals for the last 3 games (including today's) have been 11.5, 11.5, and 12.0. With all three games involving the Padrs, no less. That's compared to totals between mostly 9.0 and 10.5 in the weeks since i originally posteed this thread. Might just be a short-term aberration, but we'll see. I did go ahead and play the over once again today (before it was announced that CarGo is getting the day off) to finish off the homestand, but i'm not suree if i'll be continuing on with this thing if the totals are indeed increasing into the 12 range. We shall see.