Churchill 3rd Thursday

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Golden Frontier goes today in this $53k alw going 6 1/2 on dirt track. Nw2l I think?
ML odds are low, 2-1, so no secret here but Cowboy Larry has one going who should take most of the play, so 3-1, 7/2 is possible.

This top bred 4 yo gelding was a handful as a 3yo--over 18 hands a a monster of a physical horse. He ran twice at Oaklawn and his second career start he ran the 2nd fastest 6f of the meet. Trainer Jimmy Dodgen could not wait to try him on turf---but he tried next the Keeneland poly and didn't lift a step. He has come back to fire bullets and gets back to the dirt today. Don't know what happened last out on the poly, but if he runs back to his Oaklawn Park dirt form he will be hard to deny! I may have posted info on him before, probably on the dismal Keeneland effort, but he is on my stable alert and if it were not for his early 3yo antics which led to minor injuries and resulted in him being gelded, he would be a stakes runner. Look for Golden Frontier to handle these and move up to stakes next out!

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!

Comments

• MysticMystic Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Nice call John,. I am going to add him to mine as well :yes: