Louisiana Downs - 5/26/12

jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
No contest this week, so I downloaded the Saturday card for Louisiana Downs. Placed a couple of bets online (exacta boxes on race #2, 5, and 9). We'll see how I do

1 - 3-North Washington, 5-Joyce's Rebel, 7-Snow On the Bayou
*2 - 3-Diamond Blade, 4-Tis' Timeless, 5-Angelonmyshoulder
3 - 5-Dakota Comet, 8-Knoppers Ford, 1-D Runnin Cajun
4 - 9-Seattle Artist, 3-Just Like an Angel, 4-Luckylilgolddigger
*5 - 10-Silverlanes Deputy, 3-Tiz Our Insight, 4-Racetrack Romeo
6 - 10-Turn and Repent, 5-Decreed, 8-Contemporary Art
7 - 5-My Darlin' Daphne, 9-Lily Petite, 7-Aunt Markey (really couldn't figure this one)
8 - 1-Ridingforthebrand, 7-Red Spirit, 5-Casanova Cowboy
*9 - 10-Sante Fe Man, 12-Expect Magic, 6-Beechcreekboy

This is the first time I've bet online. I was disappointed to see none of the better known tracks available to me. Does anyone have a recommendation for a track that will have good races for handicapping? I've noticed Prairie Meadows, Monmouth, and Woodbine are all on the list.

Comments

• moezeppemoezeppe Junior Member
    edited May 2012
    Open a Twinspires account-You can bet just about any track-good luck
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    If you don't already have alot of $$$ in the off-shore acct---open Twin Spires.

If you have money in there, you can look at Prairie Meadows. I play quite a few ther because of the OP connections who have migrated north---but you certainly won't get rich playing this track---chalk city!

As far as trainers---always take Chris Richard--and look at Lynn Chelbroad---and of course the Von Hemels.

Jockeys---used to be Terry Thompson until he broke his leg in a gate mishap on Thursday. Birzer and Ocampo are steady and get very good mounts--Mello is first call for Richard.

Personally---I would rather play a track in Turkey than to play Louisiana Downs. Too many reasons why to get into.

Monmouth is a little hard for me since you have so many horses coming in from many different tracks. But good racing nonetheless.
    GOOD LUCK!
  • jjohns7777jjohns7777 Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    I went with BetAmerica. One day later I was sure I should have gone with Twinspires. I did put a pretty big deposit, in, though, so I think I'll stay and play at least for a while. If I go broke there, I"ll open a Twinspires account.