New to Forum - Belmont

BMB109BMB109 Member
edited May 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Hey gang....new here and love the forum. Alot of nice sharing and info by you guys. Some of my thoughts today at Belmont.

Race 6 - Buffum is prime to be upset here IMO but I have to include him. Do not like Albertrani period let alone of a layoff and he and Castellano don;t exactly team up for piles of wins either. Dutrow on the outside is one potential upsetter. 3 for 5 since the claim 3 from 10 at a mile, he and Dominquez win at over a 30% clip, etc, etc. Buffum will take too much $ IMO

Race 7 - Somali Lemonade seems vulnerable here. not a lot of pace here and she appears a 1-run closer. The rail horse Better Lucky is interesting, stretching out, 1st-time turf and Ghostzappers do reasonably well. Could be loose on the lead and love Castro on the turf.

Race 8 - Awesome Maria is clear single here for me and not going to try to beat her.

Race 9 - Baffert looks tough from the rail but I'm throwing out On Fire Baby 's last race. Hartlage 2nd off is solid and love the CD bullet the other day. Using both of them in p4/p6

Race - I really do think To Honor and Serve will be the handicap star of the country. This is a crack field but its a small field. Advantage goes to Saginaw, Shackleford, and To Honor and Serve. I feel the latter will track the other 2 speeds with a gap back to the other 3 in the field through the 2st half Honor gets 1st run on the them all while Shack takes it to Saginaw. I think he wins by 4-5 length. Caleb and Jackson will come running but are at a clear disadvantage IMO with the short field. Expect pace to be solid but not blistering. I'm singling here on To Honor and Serve.

So since I came up with 2 singles I had to go back and play the P6. Don't like the 11th but for P6 purposes using the 1 and 4.

Comments

• DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited May 2012
    Welcome aboard....

I liked To Honor And Serve in the Met Mile myself. He ran well enough....very surprised to see him get bet down to 8/5 vs. that field, however. Big run from Shackelford, whom i always seem to under-estimate.
    edited May 2012
    BMB109 wrote: »
    Race 7 - Somali Lemonade seems vulnerable here. not a lot of pace here and she appears a 1-run closer. The rail horse Better Lucky is interesting, stretching out, 1st-time turf and Ghostzappers do reasonably well. Could be loose on the lead and love Castro on the turf.

7th race - Belmont Park - May 28, 2012

1 Better Lucky 18.20 8.50 6.50
    5 Regalo Mia 4.80 4.10
    7 Zultanite 7.70

Great call! :clap:
  • BMB109BMB109 Member
    edited May 2012
    Questionable ride on Honor but I too always underestimate the Shack. Great race! Caleb always fires. Thought Honor would have been good enough to overcome. Interesting...

Better Lucky saved my butt today with a flat win bet. Didn't go deep enough to sniff P4. Its Tricky either burns my money or beats me :)

Thanks for the props on Better Lucky!
    edited May 2012
    Yeah, it wasn't a great trip for THAS. Bottled up along the inside and had to wait too long before finally making his move. Was hoping he'd be sitting off a speed duel waiting to pounce.
  • BMB109BMB109 Member
    edited May 2012
    I too thought he would sit 3rd and was hoping he would work his way outside them. More to be heard from this one. Was very surprised at his short price too.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited May 2012
    WELCOME...GOOD LUCK & GOOD RACING...w2w