Bill Clinton gives you the exacta in the Belmont

DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
You heard it here first, lol (actually, it sounds like he has at least a passing interest in horseracing)

http://www.bloodhorse.com/horse-racing/articles/70255/clinton-likes-ill-have-another-in-belmont

Comments

• John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    DC,
    Bill has alot more than a passing interest! His mother was a fixture at Oaklawn Park. She held court everyday on a bench at the foot of the clubhouse escalator. Brother Roger was also in attendance on a regular basis. Roger tended to run with a more railbird crowd than Bill wanted to be seen with. Probably a good idea, since some of those folks have been warded off all north american tracks!

As Govenor, Bill considered an appointment to the Arkansas Racing Commission to be the ultimate payback for campaign contributors, and L. W. Clark served in this capacity for many years. His son, Terry, and I are very good friends and Terry continues to entertain Bill when he is back in Arkansas. I can say with absolute certainty that Bill knows more about horse racing than any President we have ever had!
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Clinton was in attendance the other night at the Meadowlands
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    I think he is right...w2w