Heading to NYC for The Test of Champions

fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I'm heading out to catch a flight to NYC to meet up with John and Flyin for the Belmont Stakes. If anyone else is in NYC for the race hit me up via email at fbwinners@aol.com and have dinner and drinks on me. I try and post full card selections in the Belmont thread if time is available.

gl, fb

Comments

• rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    gl fb..have a safe and fun trip...
  • Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Win Big Boyzzzzzzzzzzz
  • dirtyshirtdirtyshirt Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    I'm only making it as far as Vegas.
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    All I can say is that you better show up with your big boy panties on if you're going to run with FB. I bugged out from the Hilton bar at 1:00 to get some rest, FB hails a pirate taxi and heads to a blues club in the East Village. Going to be a long weekend!

We met Neil Drysdale at the Hilton bar and he has only one horse shipping in for the 10th on Saturday and brings in Joel from California to ride. No early speed in the race and he is unfortunate to draw the rail, but Drysdale would not be coming this far for his limey health. #1 Omayad, in the Woodford Reserve Manhattan going a mile and a quarter on inner turf. Deserves a serious look.

On Friday, Race 4, NY bred 3 & up mdn clm $20k going 6f on main, #1 Ice Theatre 6-1, will take money as he has simply been a different horse since the Chief brought him back from wintering in Florida. As is the Chief's m.o., he goes with 3rd tier jock Maylan Studart, and she is probably pissed that A. R. Napravnik is getting all the good mounts. Hell hath no fury like a woman scorned! WPS and ex bx 1--5--9.

Johan Santana starts tonight for Mets in opener vs Yanks. Coming in off the Mets only no-hitter in the history vs the redbirds,the place will go ballistic when the Yanks get a base hit!
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Bonus play--Belmont 8th--Friday--W2W already put this one out on his Beauties thread:

#6 Verde Mont, 8-1
    #2 Snickers Kid, 7/2 and #3 Sonnyandpally, 3-1, will take all the action and rightfully so, but Johnny Kimmel was very high on this one and he has come up short in a limited career. He tries a turf sprint today and this could be the answer at a good price. This play is good on turf or dirt, just in case late storms hit Elmont area. WPS and ex bx 2-3-6.

GOOD LUCK TO ALL!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    VERDE MONT is one of my BELMONT BEAUTIES...w2w
  • MikenyceMikenyce Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Have to admit kinda jealous of you guys!!! Damn wish I could be there. Went back in 97, 98 and 99. Although those horses lost there triple crown bid's while I was there the excitement was unbelievable better than being at a Super Bowl!! Enjoy and Good Luck!!!
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Don't feel like driving 90 minutes...Will probably go to MONTICELLO RACINO to watch the races and play a few slots.For you that will be a BELMONT GOOD RACING...w2w