edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
Just announced on Dan Patrick by Doug O'neill

Comments

• Horsin~AroHorsin~Aro Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    I'll Have Another out of the Belmont Stakes and out of the Triple Crown
    By Pat Forde

PostsEmailRSSBy Pat Forde | Yahoo! Sports – 4 minutes 42 seconds agoEmail
    I'll Have Another is out of the Belmont Stakes and out of the running for the Triple Crown.

A press conference is scheduled for 1 p.m. ET.

There were indications this morning that something was amiss. Trainer Doug O'Neill took I'll Have Another to the track for his morning jog hours earlier than he had been going for the past three weeks. O'Neill then left the Belmont track without speaking to the media, an owner Paul Reddam was also not available. That was highly unusual for what had been a media-friendly group.

Rumors began to circulate late morning that something was wrong with the horse, and O'Neill confirmed the shocking news on The Dan Patrick Show.
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    so fuckin sad......im so angry...glad they scratched him though...happy retirement
  • BMB109BMB109 Member
    edited June 2012
    and NBC and DRF....this really really sucks. Better that it happened the day before than during the race but man this sucks. Time to handicap folks.
  • wire2wirewire2wire Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Glad they scratched him...it is a wide open race now...w2w
  • KP-HR2k9KP-HR2k9 Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    this really sucks wow :sad: this is him yesterday I'll Have Another get well see u in the Future
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    This is Dullahan's race to lose. I'm going Tri key #5 - Dullahan / 1-3-4-2-9 which are ( Street Life, Union Rags, Atigun, Paynter, Unstoppable U ) As a cover bet 1-3-4-2-9 / 5 / 1-3-4-2-9......May the Horse Be With You.
  • DiscreetCatDiscreetCat Moderator
    edited June 2012
    Absolutely incredible. I actually managed to lose some money on him too, as I took him the other day to win the Triple Crown @ +170. Hard to imagine this happening, especially as good as he had reportedly looked over the last couple of weeks. Just shocking news...

I'll Have Another won't race in Belmont, trainer says - ESPN
  • rayphilrayphil Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    cinfront i think it is union rags race to lose...IMO you cant make a horse the favorite in the belmont and who never won a dirt race...matz has him cranked for this one...
  • cinfrontcinfront Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Rayphil, if Dullahan get to break better than him again and he gets shuffle back again then they'll cry the excuse AGAIN that he didnt get to run his race. It's a 1 1/2 mile race so everybody should have time to run their race, no excuses this time alright.

the horse that I thought that had the talent to beat IHA is racing in the 9th race #1 Hierro the colt out of Hard Spun.

Well I quess it's going to be a Bodemiester year now that IHA is out. He's a freak and had the miss fortune to run into one that was freakier than he. WHAT A BUMMER.......