Belmont Notebook

John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
edited June 2012 in Horse Racing Forum
I went over early today to meet with some partners. I get a call from Fb who is in transit from JFK hotel and he says that he has heard from FG connections that IHA is going to sct. I told him I have heard nothing, and at that exact time --word spreads like wildfire that he kicked his stall and tendon got hot. I went over to racing office and poor Margurite Vealzques looks like she is going to vomit on her desk. You could have heard a fucking pin drop!

Amazing that FB had his info from New Orleans before it was known even known at Belmont backside. Later, FB talked at length with Paul Reddem and got the skinney about the Vet report. NOT GOOD!!!

Johnny Kimmel told me about IHA not looking good in last few gallop outs and everyone on Belmont backside knew something was amiss. Nevertheless, this really sucks!

The game at Yankee Stadium was as good as it gets. Club seats in the Delta 360 Skybox as the Yanks hammered poor old no-hitter Santana.

We hit some pretty good ones today--especially the Allen Jerkins horse who really came to life when coming back from Florida. Escaped the inquiry and paid like hell. I'd like to think I helped when I told Maylan Studart what to fucking say when she got on the phone with the Stewards!!! I know Mrs. Hardwick(owner) certainly thought so!

Drunk beyond belief and lost my voice( appreciated by FB and the gang)so I'll 10-4 tonight.

Hopefully we will post with some good backside info for tomorrow.Bueno Noches!

Comments

• BobbyClineBobbyCline Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    And you didnt get us thrown out of the cab, so it all worked..lol. Seats were amazing! Thanks again for everything. See you all in the morning!!
  • fbwinnersfbwinners Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    John I'm still capping this tough ass card!!! Looks like bomb city tomorrow. I cannot see playing any big chalks on this card. Still lmao about the packey cab driver age in Americaican numbers. Still picturing Neil drysdale grin in this morning about his runner!!! I will post selections in Belmont thread sometime early morning.
  • nonamenoname Junior Member
    edited June 2012
    I do not post much but follow you guys on a regular basis and just wanted to shout out to all for such informative and great insight. Thanks
  • John GreenhawJohn Greenhaw Senior Member
    edited June 2012
    Tough Ass Card is right!

In the 8th--Just A Game Stakes

Going with my heart in this one. The famed Darby Dan Farm is way overdue for a big score. #4 Winter Memories looks like a good place to begin, and can't wait to see what they will do with Shackleford and all those stamina brood mares. I'm pulling for the Phillips' in a big way, and I mean big way!
    In the 9th--Woody Stephens, you have to think someone will give Trinnieberg a run for it late, why not the two Assman horses? Ex Bx 1-6-8

10th--#1 at a huge price

11th--Belmont Stakes
    need someone to go with UR and Dullahan--why not #1 Street Life? Reason? Best looking women and fun too that will be saddling a horse in here. No owners will have more fun than this group!

Time to go!
    GOOD LUCK TO ALL!